When do I need to commit to NYE@ Aulani?

TheHamm

DIS Veteran
We are considering staying the later half of Christmas 2017, over NYE. While we have already booked our timeshare elsewhere for the front half of the week (prior to being able to buy airfare as there is no penalty for cancelling). I am wondering if one can rent points at the 7 month mark [2-room any view] or I will be stuck paying rack rate. As I recall from previous trips there will not be any sort of promo until later in January, but should I also expect the rack rate rooms to go quickly?

It's basically too late. Only the Ocean View Studio and 2 bedroom Island View are available for that time with dates before and after. They will all go within the month. You will need to rent lickety split to get those few remaining 2 bedrooms. I'm kind of surprised its Island View left and not Ocean.
Daves requires payment in full and the other big vendor does not (which would give you some space to rent your points out for cash if you plan to), but I would check into it. Depending how long you plan to stay in a two bedroom it takes many points and they need to connect the members. Best of luck! If not, you can always go the week before? Mele Kalikimaka?

Thank you for the input. Based on life, we are locked into 12/29-1/2 or bust, so I will focus on being encouraged that there is anything left at all! Having never planned anything in my life this far in advance (really- grad school, wedding, career change- who needs more than 4 months?) I have very little feeling if this is a hopeless endeavor.

Thank you for the input. Based on life, we are locked into 12/29-1/2 or bust, so I will focus on being encouraged that there is anything left at all! Having never planned anything in my life this far in advance (really- grad school, wedding, career change- who needs more than 4 months?) I have very little feeling if this is a hopeless endeavor.
I feel you! My daughter's bday is 12/31 so we wanted to do that this last year and I too, missed the boat and this year it started to go even before 11 months ( I couldn't help but wonder if I should grab it) because people walk their reservations, meaning they book as close as they can and then drop a day and add a day every morning.

Ultimately, we opted to do the week before xmas again. we really loved it. Con, you lose a week of all the xmas vibes at home- the house you so painstakingly decorate etc. Pro, it was a really great time, less crowds (you see it creep up every day that you're there) and its just the time for a shot in the arm.

Sadly, I just looked at your dates for a 2 bedroom and they are all gone. BUT the OV Studios are still avail! (nothing else) Can you do 2 of those instead? If so, call Dave's and/or the other today and see if you can snag them quick!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter