When do you do Pleasure Island?

kaabost

Loves feathered children equipped with can openers
We are thinking about doing Pleasue Island when we go in January. I have been to PI once before and had a blast. The problem is that our next park day suffered a little. I tend to be a commando tourist so this didn't go over so well. I'm thinking that if we do decide to go to PI, we should go the night we get to WDW, stay out late, crash into the bed, and take the next day off to recouperate before going to the parks. This WOULD require that we go to WDW an extra day. Oh darn;) . The problem is......I'm not 100% sure that we can go an extra day. What do you frequent PI people do? Any advice?

We usually travel from Saturday to friday or Sturday and we take 1 or 2 days off like on Thursday and we go to PI on wednesday night and then sleep in the next day and shop that evening.

We do PI each visit now that our kids are older. While we don't close the place down, even leaving around 9:30 or 10:00 p.m. doesn't get us back to our resort until 11:00 p.m. or so. The kids then like to have a late night swim after we return. Kind of a tradition I guess.

Anyway, we usually plan our PI trip to coincide with a water park visit the next a.m. The water parks open later than the theme parks (usually) AND we get an extra hour or so of snooze time. We try to pencil in the visits and adjust the plans according to the weather outlooks. Also, once you've done all the slides and lazy river, you can lounge around and snooze in the sunshine or shade! ;)

We're also pretty much commando around here--up at 6:00 a.m. or so, back for an afternoon break (post-lunch), and back to a park for the late afternoon/evening. The PI/water park scenario works for us and our teens.

We normally visit PI one or two evenings during the week and avoid weekend crowds. Also we either visit PI on days we go to AK or Epcot WS. Since the WS doesn't open till 11am we can enjoy PI the night before and sleep in the next morning or have a hearty breakfast to recharge (pots of Kenya AA or Kona help also). We go to AK on EE and normally finish about 3pm and that leaves us time for a nap, dinner and plenty of energy for PI.

We've been to Disney over a dozen times and I still haven't made it to PI. We are older and I get the idea this is for younger people or people without children, etc.

My Christmas trip will be our last one til 2006; so, I guess we should go just to see it. My biggest problem is giving up park time to do this place. It seems you would have to crash the next morning and there goes a 1/2 day at a park. When you're an AP holder it's hard to give up the park time to a paying event like PI.

I'm still undecided about doing this place. I like my park time. My husband needs naps, etc on our trip and to keep him out late would probably hurt us dearly because he would never catch up on his sleep after that night.

Thanks for the suggestions! I like the idea of doing a water park the next day. Or...if we REALLY live it up at Pleasure Island, we can really sleep in and then just resort hop, ride the monorail, go to Downtown Disney, or whatever. Oh, I hope that we can go that extra day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter