When do you get credited for AP rate?

montblanc

Mouseketeer
I asked this before but it got lost in other posts. I got my new AP rate :cool1: , when does it get credited to my debit card? Thanks!

If you're talking about your deposit, they usually just keep the entire amount and apply it to your stay. You will just owe less at check in.

Sorry, I didn't make this clear enough. They can't apply it to my stay, I am already paid in full.

So you are saying that you booked and paid full price at rack or AAA rate, and then went and applied an AP rate?

They will apply the difference to your credit card "in 1 to 2 billing cycles" so they say. I have seen it much quicker than that.

If you are very close to arriving, they may just leave it on account as a room credit.

Hi! We had paid in full for our July stay and when we switched to the AP rate, they offered me a choice of refunding the difference to my credit card or applying it to the resort as a credit on arrival. We chose the credit on arrival, now we are ahead of the game, so to speak. Had I gotten it refunded back to me now, I would have spent it on something stupid, now we have it waiting to be applied to food or whatever during our stay. :flower:

I have done this twice, and both times it took a few business days to be back into my account. (and will do it most likely for my next trip In sept/oct as well)
:love2:

tekmom said:
Hi! We had paid in full for our July stay and when we switched to the AP rate, they offered me a choice of refunding the difference to my credit card or applying it to the resort as a credit on arrival. We chose the credit on arrival, now we are ahead of the game, so to speak. Had I gotten it refunded back to me now, I would have spent it on something stupid, now we have it waiting to be applied to food or whatever during our stay. :flower:

I didn't want the credit on arrival as I am fully paid up for the hotels. It has been a few weeks and my card has not been credited either.

montblanc said:
I didn't want the credit on arrival as I am fully paid up for the hotels. It has been a few weeks and my card has not been credited either.

She was replying to the fact that you are paid up in full, so was she. You have the option of leaving it on account to use for food or other items once you arrive. If you don't want to do that, I would call Disney and ask them the status of your refund.

BuckNaked said:
She was replying to the fact that you are paid up in full, so was she. You have the option of leaving it on account to use for food or other items once you arrive. If you don't want to do that, I would call Disney and ask them the status of your refund.

I always pay cash for everything (no credit cards) so I'll check on the refund.

montblanc said:
I always pay cash for everything (no credit cards) so I'll check on the refund.

I think you still aren't getting what we're saying - it has nothing to do with a credit card in any way, shape or form.

Well, To get technical..I made monthly payments on our room, over the course of 6 months, by way of my American Express card. I then paid each monthly payment off, so in reality I am officially paid in full in every way, shape or form. Now, the difference could have been credited Back to AmEx, or left as a resort CREDIT, for us to use towards food and other things at Disney. I chose resort credit...you're going to spend money there anyway..why not start out a little ahead.

Hmm...

Resort credit? Maybe I don't understand how this works....
I usually pay cash for everything as any form of credit makes it harder for me to keep track and I'm less tempted to overspend. Does a resort credit mean that when I purchase anything in WDW it is billed to my hotel room against my credit? If that is so what happens when it goes over? I don't leave a credit card on file and most hotels require a cash deposit even if your bill is paid in full. If I remember correctly WDW would not allow me to bill anything to my room unless I had a credit card on file with them, not sure they would make an exception...

The reason I mention credit cards is because when I check into hotels locally they make me deposit additional money to be used as a "hotel credit". So if I pay my hotel bill in full with cash and the total is $400, I am asked to deposit another $100.00 as security. Since I typically spend next to nothing at my hotel I am stuck with a "credit" I don't need. It ends up that I have to bring $100 more because the hotel requires this security deposit against incidentals. I know if I had a credit card this could be avoided but I'm old fashioned and believe only in spending what you have.

Thanks....

Oh, Okay then...just call Disney and find out the status of the debit card credit...although resort credit is almost the same as you paying cash...just less cash to pay. :flower: Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter