When do you think you'll be back?

Ok while trying to be logical and not set myself up for disappointment here.
From Health Canada today....................................
"The department also released its long-awaited detailed vaccination plan, which suggests the wider Canadian population will be able to line up for vaccines starting in April, and that everyone wanting the shot could be vaccinated before the end of 2021."

JMHO - I am thinking more like they start mass vaccination sometime in June......................onward...............

Government plans usually go like .....................................would have......................................could have....................... should have.............................................................

Now with Pfizer saying they are NOT recommending their vaccine shot for people with severe allergies I guess I will be waiting for another type of vaccine.
Anaphylactic (shellfish) allergy.

I am hoping for a get away March 2022. I have been known to be very flexible when it comes to travel and can arrange to go the minute I have a vaccination passport.
1607549310568.png
lol

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Ok while trying to be logical and not set myself up for disappointment here.
From Health Canada today....................................
"The department also released its long-awaited detailed vaccination plan, which suggests the wider Canadian population will be able to line up for vaccines starting in April, and that everyone wanting the shot could be vaccinated before the end of 2021."

JMHO - I am thinking more like they start mass vaccination sometime in June......................onward...............

Government plans usually go like .....................................would have......................................could have....................... should have.............................................................

Now with Pfizer saying they are NOT recommending their vaccine shot for people with severe allergies I guess I will be waiting for another type of vaccine.
Anaphylactic (shellfish) allergy.

I am hoping for a get away March 2022. I have been known to be very flexible when it comes to travel and can arrange to go the minute I have a vaccination passport.
View attachment 542961
lol

Hugs
Mel

Yup, I'm out unfortunately. I mean, I already knew I wasn't going to be getting it right away due to underlying issues (which include drug allergies). Will need far more safety data before I will line up for it unfortunately.

Since this year was scrubbed. We thought about late 2021. But then we saw the money just sitting there that we would use on trips and..we are now getting a new kitchen.. so thats oir budget for 2021. Therefore lookkng at early 2022. With all our dvc points might head to Aulani with a DLR stop.

We're planning on going back last week of November/first week of December. We are going to surprise my parents with a free trip to Disney as a Christmas gift this year. They were married one month before WDW opened, and I am so excited to have them share their 50th anniversary with Disney World.

Besides, I have 180 or so Riveria/Polynesian points that are going to expire at the end of November. To use them up, we'll book a two-bedroom at the Rivera for the last four days of November!

We're planning on going back last week of November/first week of December. We are going to surprise my parents with a free trip to Disney as a Christmas gift this year. They were married one month before WDW opened, and I am so excited to have them share their 50th anniversary with Disney World.

Besides, I have 180 or so Riveria/Polynesian points that are going to expire at the end of November. To use them up, we'll book a two-bedroom at the Rivera for the last four days of November!
This is exactly our plan. Three nights in a Copper Creek cabin to use up some expiring points. Then a week at the beginning of Dec with fresh points. I’m not betting on it happening. Will believe it once I’m there, but I can hope. The news about Pfizer not being good for people with allergies is disappointing. Dh has anaphylaxis of unknown cause. It’s probably not suitable for him. Dd, 11 also has anaphylaxis. I wonder what will be the path forward for her?

I’m skipping January 2021 for the first time in forever. But I’m planning a trip for January 2022 and maybe March 2022 also, to make up for missing out this winter.

This is exactly our plan. Three nights in a Copper Creek cabin to use up some expiring points. Then a week at the beginning of Dec with fresh points. I’m not betting on it happening. Will believe it once I’m there, but I can hope. The news about Pfizer not being good for people with allergies is disappointing. Dh has anaphylaxis of unknown cause. It’s probably not suitable for him. Dd, 11 also has anaphylaxis. I wonder what will be the path forward for her?

I'm hoping we'll see it was just a fluke and it ends up being a non-issue. 🤞

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coron...9-vaccine-ingredients-to-not-get-it-1.5228742
List of ingredients in Pfizer's vaccine is listed in the article.

Health Canada also listed the ingredients in the vaccine, which are as follows:

Medicinal ingredient:

• mRNA
Non-medicinal ingredients:

• ALC-0315 = ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate
  • ALC-0159 = 2-[(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide
  • 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine
  • cholesterol
  • dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate
  • monobasic potassium phosphate
  • potassium chloride
  • sodium chloride
  • sucrose water for injection
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
I'm not sure when I will be back. I do have a 1 year old I would like to take some time. At the same time due to missing out on other parks this summer while be spending time the next few years to catch up.

I have Cedar Point for their 150th, Kings Island, Busch Gardens Virginia, Dollywood, Hershey Park and Dollywood to visit before any Disney trip.

I'm not sure when I will be back. I do have a 1 year old I would like to take some time. At the same time due to missing out on other parks this summer while be spending time the next few years to catch up.

I have Cedar Point for their 150th, Kings Island, Busch Gardens Virginia, Dollywood, Hershey Park and Dollywood to visit before any Disney trip.

I would love to do Hersey. But at this point, I'd be happy just to get back to the Santa's Village and Storyland in New Hampshire.

Booked for September 4-12 next year (with flight) but we'll see what happens. Adults only trip. I'm hopeful that even if the vaccines aren't rolled out to the whole country yet, we will be far enough along with vaccines/rapid testing that travel will be reasonable.

I have enough WDW gift cards to pay off my resort fees for next year. Since the dollar is doing quite well, I am tempted to call and pay off the resort part of our trip for next year. Do we think the dollar might do even better once people start getting vaccinated?

Anyone have any thoughts if this is or is not a good idea?

I have enough WDW gift cards to pay off my resort fees for next year. Since the dollar is doing quite well, I am tempted to call and pay off the resort part of our trip for next year. Do we think the dollar might do even better once people start getting vaccinated?

Anyone have any thoughts if this is or is not a good idea?

I'm not sure. Honestly, for the most part I feel like the dollar is independent of vaccination - after all, it plummeted years before Covid happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter