• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When does the free dining plan end? Update on Post 7

disney1990

<font color=royalblue>Wow, it make my heart skip a
If a person checks in on September 27th and stays for 10 days, do they just get the free dining for the 3 days in September or do they also get it for the 7 days in October?

A friend of mine was told by Disney Travel that the plan ended on September 30th and that he wouldn't be able to get the free plan for any of their October days. However, I tried to put the days in through the Walt Disney World website and it appears to give me the free dining for the entire 10 days.

Has anybody done this? Thanks!

So long as your package starts before the end of the dining plan, which is 9/30/06, the dining is in effect for 10 days after that.

from what i have read on these boards. the trip just has to being by the 30th of sept..so to answer your question yes you will receive the free dining for your whole trip if you checkin the 27th

We are checking in on September 30th and will have free dining for all 6 of the days we are there... If you get a CM who tells you anything else, politely get off the phone and call back. Chances are you just got an ignorant CM.

MyZoeJane said:
We are checking in on September 30th and will have free dining for all 6 of the days we are there... If you get a CM who tells you anything else, politely get off the phone and call back. Chances are you just got an ignorant CM.

I have to agree with this poster. My sister and her family are arriving at Disney Sept 30 as well. They are staying a week at Disney and have the free dining for the entire period. If you ever get an answer from a CM that seems wrong to you, don't hestitate to call back and speak to a different CM.

disney1990 said:
A friend of mine was told by Disney Travel that the plan ended on September 30th and that he wouldn't be able to get the free plan for any of their October days. Thanks!

I would have him call back because it sounds like the the travel agent was misinformed. If they check in on the 30th then the mouse is paying for their meals!! :cool1: :cool1:

Update

Well, he called back, again and again. I just can't believe that it was so hard for him to get free dining with his package. Finally, he talked to a friend of his that is a travel agent. She told him to call back and cancel his vacation package -- she would handle his vacation. Well, he called back and the first Cast Member hung up on him. Oh my! He called back again and told this Cast Member that he wanted to cancel his vacation package because he had a travel agent that was going to make all the arrnagements for him. She asked what the travel agent could do that Disney Travel couldn't do. He told her the story about how many times he had called (8) trying to get the Disney Dining Package for his September/October vacation. Low and behold, she was able to get the package booked for him.

Mind you, this is not a shoe string vacation that he is taking. He is staying at the Boardwalk Villas and is taking (paying for) 6 other people -- his wife, his daughter, her husband, her 2-6 year old sons and her older son.

He called me a few minutes ago to thank me. He said that he would have given up if I had not insisted that "he could get the dining package".

My DH wanted to know if I was getting a cut of what he is saving -- no, my satisfaction is that he was persistent and it paid off for him.

Augh, how frustrating!! I can't believe it took all that to get what he should have gotten in the first place.

I hope his trip works out better then the rough start it has had!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter