When flying from Orlando to the UK, which is the best airport to fly into?

mmouse37

DCL Diva!!
Just wondering if people have a preference of what airport. Say into Wales...would you fly into Cardiff or Birmingham or London, or does it depend on what part of the UK you would be visiting.

Thanks

It does depend on where you are going.

The UK is not too big (compared to the USA) so it is not too important but generally if you are visiting London, I would go for London Heathrow, London Gatwick is good for the south coast or London, Cardiff is best for Wales, Manchester for the north west, Brimingham for the Midlands etc.

Whichever airport you choose, it is only a few hours drive on the motorways to get to somewhere else (except for Scotland of course where you really need to go to Glasgow or Edinburgh airports).

Personally, we usually use London Gatwick as it is about 70 minutes drive from our house. We have a closer airport at Southampton but it only has flights to a limited number of other countries.

If you are thinking of visiting anywhere in particular, I can offer more specific advice.

It really will depend on your destination within the UK.

Another factor will be the airline you are using - many of them only use either London Gatwick or London Heathrow. My nearest airport is Cardiff, so I'd always prefer there, but I often have to use one of the London airports because that's the only place I can get a flight!

Thank you very much for your responses. No definite plans on a destination yet, was just looking for some general info. Thanks again!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter