When is Spring Break ??

baldiepete

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Does anyone know when the American Spring Break holiday is ??

I've heard that the parks can get really busy at that time. I'm going from 7th to 18th April (plus 3 days at St Pete's Beach) which is well after Easter this year. I'm hoping to miss Spring Break so the parks will be quieter.

BaldiePete

But going to wear a hat ALL the time in Florida.
At least when I'm outside.

Spring Break is just the politically correct name of what we call Easter so that it doesn't encompass the religious aspects of the occasion - in the same way they have 'Happy holidays' instead of 'Happy Christmas' - so you should be fine :)

Penny :)

It is my understanding that Spring Break is at different times for different states. Some states are already having their Spring Break. I have read several threads concerning Spring Break on these boards and a search should give you some more info.
Tracy

Hi Pete :) Tracy is right - Spring Break is different for different states and even within a state it can depend on whether a school is private or public etc, and then there are the colleges!! It often starts towards the end of March and certainly having experienced that time of year in WDW, the one constant is that there is a huge increase in numbers the weekend before Easter and then it tends to tail off the weekend after Easter.
You will find threads where Americans are asking each other when their Spring Break is too!! However, I think you'll be fine and it is such a great time of year to go :) !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter