When to go to San Diego

tawasdave

I may be getting older..but refuse to grow up
Flying in to John Wayne airport on Friday 6/17...going to do DL (2 days), Knotts Berry (1 day), Universal (1day), Seaworld(1day) and San Diego Zoo (1 day)...now in my mind to avoid traffic, I am thinking I should do San Diego locations on Sat and Sun...stayin at Residence Inn Maingate? Any experts see a flaw? Have a better idea? Thanks

tawasdave said:
Flying in to John Wayne airport on Friday 6/17...going to do DL (2 days), Knotts Berry (1 day), Universal (1day), Seaworld(1day) and San Diego Zoo (1 day)...now in my mind to avoid traffic, I am thinking I should do San Diego locations on Sat and Sun...stayin at Residence Inn Maingate? Any experts see a flaw? Have a better idea? Thanks

I would definitely head south to San Diego first and do the Zoo and Seaworld on the weekend days to avoid the LA area parks on sat/sun. Dont know if you would be interested, but just north of SanDiego is LEGOLAND...very nice, clean, relaxing fun park I would recommend also. I have done all parks you are speaking of... flew into John Wayne..Stayed at the Marriott downtown San Diego (GORGEOUS HOTEL with GREAT breakfast buffet) and did SDZoo and Seaworld. Checked out monday and headed north to Legoland for the day. Left there around 6pm and drove to aneheim. Based ourselves at Aneheim Marriott to do the other parks. Knotts easily accessible from disney area...universal a little farther but if you dont want to move around hotels one more time it is doable. TONS of hotels in aneheim and most have free transportation to disney. My kids were 4 & 6 when we did this and we didnt go to universal that year. We went back last year (ages were then 6 & 8) and did both disney parks again, legoland and universal. Also went to Palm Springs and did the tram which they loved. Good luck and have fun!!!!

Thanks for the heads up...my kids are 16 & 13..thinking Legoland would be a little to young for them...

Diego has some great beaches- We love La Jolla and also the beach out near the Hotel Del Coronado. Old Town is a good place to see and they have really good Mexican. Also Seaport Village is a fun little shopping spot on the water and Cabrillo Lighthouse is a fun spot to see also

-em

I am also planning to spend our weekend days at Seaworld and the zoo, especially since it will be Columbus Day weekend. Just wondering if you are using the Citypass like we are? If so I think the initial "activation"? has to be at DL, just a heads up.

I am planning to use the CityPass also. I think only the ones you get through Disney Travel need to be activated at Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter