When to pay off ABD balance

Addicted to Dopey

Newt's Posse
So my united card sent me an offer that all purchases made for the month of September and October I score double points. This is a big deal when I need some extra frequent flyer points for our trip and I also have 4 grand left to pay for my ABD trip....the thing is we aren’t going on our ABD till December 2013! I don't think there is any reason not to pay off the trip this early, but i have also never paid for something so far in advance. Is there any reason NOT to pay off my trip this early?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!TIA

If you have a credit card incentive which will benefit you, I don't see why you can't pay it off now. The only issue you would have to consider is canceling the reservation. This is from the ABD website:

If you cancel, amounts paid, minus cancellation fees and nonrefundable amounts, will be promptly refunded. Unless stated otherwise in your Guest Confirmation, the following cancellation policy shall apply: regardless of when you book, your US$300 deposit is refundable for 14 calendar days after original booking, notwithstanding the following cancellation fees, calculated in calendar days prior to vacation start date and irrespective of resale by us: 90 days or more: US$300 per person; 60-89 days: 25% of the land package price; 30-59 days: 50% of the land package price; 0-29 days: 100% of the land package price. No refunds will be made in the event of interruption or cancellation by you after the vacation start date.

Hope that helps.

I paid off our Disney trips next year when Premier Disney Rewards offered a 5% cash back incentive. I would strike while the iron's hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter