When will trip be Guaranteed?

As a follow up I was just reading the ABD website and came across the following language regarding cancellation of trip by ABD and refunds on airfare (not purchased through ABD). This makes it seem like ABD will reimburse airline cancellation charges, if they cancel the trip. That is all I am concerned about, as I have NO intention of cancelling!!

"If we cancel your trip prior to its commencement because there are too few Guests: (i) We will attempt to rebook you on another departure of the same itinerary, subject to availability, and we will bear any reasonable airline rebooking charges; however, if we are unable to rebook you, we will issue a full refund of your land package price and plan (unless you have filed a claim); and (ii) if you booked airfare through us, we will issue a full refund of your airfare; and (iii) if you did not book airfare through us, we will reimburse you for your reasonable out-of-pocket (subject to proof) airline cancellation charges or, in the case of bookings using frequent flier miles, a reasonable cancellation service fee, provided you have exercised best efforts to mitigate such charges/fees; and (iv) the aforesaid payments and/or rebooking by us shall constitute a full settlement."
I think the thing here is that carpenta did not cancel their airfare. They re-booked to take a different, non-ABD trip. So they were looking for re-booking fees to be paid to travel with someone else. If you look at ABD's wording, they will pay re-booking fees if you switch to a different ABD departure, or refund airfare *cancellation* fees. They don't address re-booking fees to someone else's trip.

Sayhello

ABD really should be guaranteeing all their trips with more than 2 guests. If Abercrombie and other companies can do it, ABD can do it.

I believe in ABD. I'm taking 2 trips this year. However, they should figure out how to guarantee all trips.

Last edited:
ABD really should be guaranteeing all their trips with more than 2 guests. If Abercrombie and other companies can do it, ABD can do it.

I believe in ABD. I'm taking 2 trips this year. However, they should figure out how to guarantee all trips.

I also have 2 trips scheduled for this year and when last I checked, both trips only have 9 people booked (including the 4 that are in my family). I'm actually hoping at this point that they cancel my May trip, because right now there are no other children booked on the trip, and one of the draws for us for ABD is for my kids to have other kids to travel with. While this was the best dates for us, I would rather be re-booked on a trip that would be an overall better experience.

Cousin Orville and DCphotogal: what trips are you doing? I'm doing Nashville, and then German/Spain, and as far as I know, the enrollments are strong.

I also have 2 trips scheduled for this year and when last I checked, both trips only have 9 people booked (including the 4 that are in my family). I'm actually hoping at this point that they cancel my May trip, because right now there are no other children booked on the trip, and one of the draws for us for ABD is for my kids to have other kids to travel with. While this was the best dates for us, I would rather be re-booked on a trip that would be an overall better experience.

If you are outside your final payment date, you can most likely reschedule your departure.

If you are outside your final payment date, you can most likely reschedule your departure.

Yes, but if you request the reschedule, ABD will expect you to pay the difference between the cost of the trip when you booked originally and the current cost when you rebook. I went through this with them last year when they could/would not tell me if our Germany trip was a go at 90 days out. The cost difference between what I paid at the original booking and what they wanted me to pay to rebook was significant.

I think our trip went from 14 guests to 24 guests after the 90-day final payment window, though. I know every trip is different, but I wouldn't worry too much at this point. I was shocked at how many people on our trip were willing to book the vacation so close to the travel dates

.................and some can't figure out why some of us are really frustrated with this company?...........any travel company should consider itself a service company in my opinion. Keep the customer happy.

I don't believe anyone is questioning your frustration.

You have made your opinion quite clear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter