Whens the best time to go to CA?

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
This year will be another WDW trip for us, but we were thinking of heading out to California in 2007 sometime. Of course we'll go to Disneyland, but want to spend some time touring, the beach, Hollywood, San Diego zoo. Anyway, DD will be in preschool 1st half of the year, then start Kindergarten in the fall. We dont really have any issue taking her out of school either way, so I'm just trying to get a feel for when the best time to go is, both for the weather and for the minimal crowds. Thanks!

Nice weather AND no crowds? Boy you are asking a lot. I would vote for Late September, early October during the weekday. You have great weather; not too hot and not too cold. School is back in. Check convention calendars though. We have been known for having freak autumn storms but fireworks have been cancelled in the summer due to high winds. Go figure. It's always a gamble.

Best weather for the beach with minimal crowds would be September. However, many of the Disneyland attractions go down for refurb during that time.

I went the very last week of peak season in 2005, Aug 17 - 21, or something like that. I found that going to the parks during the day was not very bad at all. Yes there were waits, but my last trip occurred in June several years ago and it was horrible then. Make sure though you hit the parks during the week if you can, we did try it on Saturday during our trip and it reminded me of my June trip, packed like sardines.

This year we are going to try an mid May trip in hopes that we will have an experience like last year.

I vote October, but like someone else said, you will have to deal with closed attractions.

We always go in late May or early June and October. Those are the best times for weather and crowds. However, as others have stated, some rides are down for rehab and the parades and show are at a minimum. September is always a bargain month but can be very hot. I also go in January because hotel rates are so cheap, but it is cold and Jan/Feb is the rainy season. Good luck, have a wonderful vacation :flower:

Late September has fewer crowds and it is still warm enough to swim outside, etc. Your best months for the beach are July & August, September may be okay too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter