Where are all the cruisers for 5/31 Magic?

bahama97

Mouseketeer
Anyone going on that cruise? We booked in January of 2003. In some ways it seems like it is taking forever to get here & in other ways, the time is going by fast. I think now that it is summer, the time is passing more quickly. Plus I've been busy trying to make sure everything is ready by then.

Anyone have a 11/12/13 yr old dd who would like to penpal with my almost 12 dd? She'll be 12 right before the cruise.

I've spoken to one other family who is on that cruise & I think there are a few other families on the master list. I wonder where everyone is hiding? **come out, come out, wherever you are!**

Present and accounted for!

Me, DH, DD-15 (just turned 15).

CAN'T WAIT! Note that I will be there an hour before you :)

Don't think it's a full ship...

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Hello, Hello, checking in in the May 31st Eastern. Totally excited but have made no decisions on excursions yet. Thinking about doing it on our own. We have a DS7 and DD15.

:D :D :cool: :bounce:

LOL pugdog007! It took me a minute to figure out what you where talking about! I may have to change my countdown to catch up with you! LOL I just saw your thread where you said that du only had 4 bookings for that cruise! How cool is that? All those people just to wait on US! :D Sounds wonderful! I know when I had checked online to see if rooms where still available, I was still about to get a cat 4. I really had thought they would have filled up. Maybe this will mean that we can get upgraded! That would be neat!

We have finally decided our excursions. DD & DH are doing the catamaran in St. Martin, we all are doing the Paradise Point Tram in St. Thomas, and dd & I are parasailing in Castaway Cay. When I made the reservations for Castaway Cay for parasailing, Disney said the 10:30 slots had already been filled, so we are going at 11:30.

I can't believe we are in the 30's for the countdown! We'll be on our way soon!

We plan to do excursions on our own. We only did 1 last year and it wasn't through Disney. When we saw the Disney excursion groups... it really seemed to have a "herding" look to it.

We plan to do some shopping in each port & maybe go up to Paradise Point in St. Thomas.

Maybe a sparsely filled ship will mean ressies will be easy to come by for Palo, spa, wine tasting, etc!

I don't really want an upgrade... we're in a Cat 7 and I love the Nav veranda! And deck 5 rocks!

Can't wait!!!

Ginger

Almost to the 20's in the countdown! :Pinkbounc We are going shopping this weekend for our "cruise clothes". That should be fun!

We are also booked on the may 31 Magic. Hubby and I plus 5

yo DD. We booked the Barefoot catamaran on St. Thomas,

Orient Beach on St.Maarten and getaway package and parasailing

on Castaway Cay. Does anyone out there have any advice on

any of these excursions? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and hope to see you on the ship!

29 more days! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

P.S. I know the Barefoot catamaran goes to St. John, but does

anyone know if it actually goes to Trunk Bay? First time cruiser

and clueless. :o

Less than 30 days! Less than 30 days! We can actually say we are going on a cruise this month! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

T - 29 days......................

Myself, DW, DS (10) ("almost 11, dad!!!"), DW (14), & my wifes sister (25).

So we're in the 20's now. I can't wait!!!! Since I'm (for lack of a better word) a cruising virgin (OMG that sounded weird, but ok)... If you don't buy the excursions (I've never been one for organized activity) how do you get around St. Thomas and St. Maarten?

I think you can get a taxi at either place. I know one of the ports has a water taxi that will take you to a beach. I'm sure there are lots of places that you can walk to. I need to get out my passporter & read all this info again. I feel so unprepared LOL

**cruising virgin** LOL - too funny!!!

Rent a car in St. Maarten - I know I am in the minority - BUT I ADORE ST MAARTEN!!!! There are some beautiful beaches and lovely people and we cannot wait to go back - I also find the slightly different landscape (more arid and scrubby) charming. It is very easy to get around St. Maarten - just use the Texaco stations as landmarks (No I am not kidding : ) There is much poverty here, but there is poverty everywhere and if it is what you choose to see, so be it.

On St. Thomas ppl drive on the left and the roads are very steep - picture worse than San Fran driving on the opposite side of the road - if you like you can rent a car or take taxis anywhere. St. Thomas is VERY Americanized and it reminded me of Florida. Now I like Florida, but I was looking for a little more Carribean flavor and I thought Sapphire beach was not very attractive, so we are going to St. John Island this time. We will grab the ferry over and rent a car once we get there.

Not TOO much longer HOOOOORAY!

Our fourth Disney cruise. Third eastern. Been there, done that, love it. DH,DW,DD16,DD5 plus 4 more families. Too bad we don't get commission. DH doing Golden Eagle in St. Maarten and both going on the 5 Star in St. Thomas. Would love to have a reply on any experiences on 5 star. Our favorites are the spa, Palo (brunch & dinner), and wine tasting. DH enjoys some of the navigator series. Actually, my favorite part is no cell phones,pagers,voicemail and lots of sun,drinks and 2 days at sea. Also, would love to here info about any possible meeting of fellow Dissers onboard. We feel like family. 25 and counting.:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter