Where are the turtles and what time of year.

todd222222

Mouseketeer
Hi, I've read that you can find turtles on the beach close to Aulani, but I've had a hard time nailing down exactly where and when they are there.

Looking at this image:

https://doc-08-44-docs.googleuserco...5236628&hash=4usmq3adn99ueoq86rn692g848e6gjq9

Can you say where they are in relations to the letters on the map?

Plus what time of year are they present?
Are they there at any certain time of day?

thanks!
Todd

Last edited:
I think you might be thinking of the little cove that is just north of Aulani, within walking distance by Paradise Cove Luau and inside the Ko Olina resort area. The image you posted isnt showing up for me but if it is the little cove that is just beside the new Four Seasons then it is called Lanikuhonua beach. Here is a video I pulled up from YouTube, the Ko Olina section begins around the 1:50 and the pathways start around 2:25.
The pathways are the ones that run in front of Aulani so you would just head out towards the lagoon and hang a right. Here is a review from Trip Advisor as well
https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attracti...-Paradise_Cove_Beach-Kapolei_Oahu_Hawaii.html

There is also a spot up at the North Shore that is a sheltered bay area with tons of turtles beside the Turtle Bay Resort, I think it is called the Kahuku area)

I think turtles are present year round but someone else may know more about that. You wont have trouble finding turtles on Oahu, one time in Kailua I had one come up and just swim along side of me for 5-10 mins or so, almost like a curious cat or dog, it was surreal

thanks - I tried to update my post with a link to my image. Hopefully you can see it now.

I watched the video, and I think the "secret beach" is the little cove next to A on my map. Assuming anyone else can see it.

thanks!

When we went last June, we saw a turtle around noon one day and when we went back there was a turtle and a monk seal laying on the beach around 2-4. It is about a 5 minute walk from Aulani towards Paradise Cove luau. There is a little pathway right before the luau that leads you to the beach. We found it very crowded on the weekend but nobody there during the week. My daughter loved it.

We went to Aulani a two years ago in early October and when we swam in the ocean a turtle popped up from under the water about 10-12 feet from us.We didn't follow him or scare him,we just watched as he swam around than he bobbed back under.That happened three time during our 8 days,not sure if same turtle by we named him Bob

I know exactly where you mean, I was just there yesterday. It is very hard to pin down exact location, it's outside of Haliewa towards the north shore. I will reply with more detail later in the week when I return home and I'm not posting from my phone.

We were at the spot close to aulani yesterday around 1 pm and there were a few turtles swimming around- it was so cool and just a short walk from the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter