• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where can we get petrol near MCO?

UKDEB

Moderator Emeritus
For the first time ever we will be hiring a car <i>without</i> a full tank of petrol which means we have to return it full. We can't remember seeing any petrol stations near the airport. Where do you fill up?

There are gas stations on Sand Lake rd. close to the airport. Personally I would fill The tank RIGHT UP TO THE TOP away from the airport & I'm sure it will still read full.

Debbie

You shouldn't need to fill up again near the airport if you fill up as you leave your accommodation.

In 2000 we filled up on I-Drive and returned the car to Sanford. Last year we filled up in WDW and returned to MCO. Neither time did we have to pay anything on reaching the airport for not having a full tank.

Garry

We always fill up on WDW property, usually near the Boardwalk. From there, we drive to MCO and have never been charged for the difference. You probably just don't use up enough for it to register on the gauge.

This might sound like a daft question but if you collect it nearly empty surely you return it nearly empty??

ttfn

Paula

When you get the car it should have a full tank - you get the option of paying for this full tank (at above market rates) or not. If you choose the latter then you need to return it full or you get charged for the difference - again at well above market rates.

Everyone has read Debbie's post as meaning she's going to go for the 2nd option this time.

Garry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter