Where can you buy bolts to mount tv to stand???

D L and K's Mom

<font color=blue>D, L and now baby Kennedy's mom!<
I am posting this here and on the Disability boards. My DS is 18. He loves to watch TV. He loves to watch Disney Shows, Tennis, Barney etc......The problem, he sometimes pulls the tv off the tv stand. He has ruined many tvs and today he pulled it off and it landed on him. I don't know what to do. If I mount the tv from the ceiling (Like hospitals) he will not watch it. It has to be almost level with him. He has depth perception issues and vision problems. If I get a flat screen he likes to touch and bang on the TV so it will last 5 minutes. We were thinking about getting a cabinet and putting plexiglass in in front of the tv and mounting the cabinet to the wall so he can't pull the whole thing over on himself. The only problem there is we are unsure remote will work through plexiglass and we are not sure if the plexiglass scratches it might just be enough so the he will not focus on the tv.
What I really want to do it get some of the brackets like they use at hotels to bolt the tv down to a tv cabinet. This way we will not have to put plexiglass in front of it. Anyone know where the heck you can buy these. I googled and could only find mounting systems for flat screens.....HELP!!!

Any good hardware store should have mounting brackets, Home Depot, Lowe's, Ace Hardware? Or you could call a hotel and ask them to try and help you find the contractor who did the work for them?

Also, I hope your son wasn't hurt by the TV!

I'll bet you can find a handyman who can do this for you. You might want to bolt the TV into the cabinet and then bolt the cabinet onto the wall. That will keep the whole unit safe and sturdy. We live in earthquake country so we're alway bolting stuff to the wall!:eek:

I wish my dad was here as he would help you. He would make a cabinet about 6 feet high. There would be a cut out for the screen. The front would be on piano hinges and would have a little lock built in like grandmother's armoir had. The door would be like a picture frame that kept the television inside the cabinet.
http://www.shamrockcabinet.com/products/images/tvcabinet/image63_small.jpg

You must anchor the bookcase. "L" bracket are cheap and sold at hardware stores. Most hardware stores have nice people to help you.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2157569_anchor-bookshelf-wall.html

A metal dowel across the television would keep it in place if you had a cabinet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter