Where do you get your rain gear?

uandmfan

Mouseketeer
We leave in just over a week!!

Looking for some advice to deal with rain. Are ponchos better than something like a windbreaker? If yes, where do you get them before you head south? Do you use shoe covers? I'm worried about wet feet all day. Any advice is helpful!!

TIA!

I prefer ponchos. You can buy them before you leave and you can find them in different locations at WDW. I always use walking shoes. If conditions are likely to be terrible and I know I won't walk too much during a morning or afternoon I will wear good walking sandals. (They are hard to find in Canada but you can)

I have large adult rain ponchos I bought at Dollarama in the "Canadian" section (little space at my store that has Canadian souveniers like keychains, mugs etc) They are white, large and have Canadian flags on them but they are a little bit on the thin side.

The one time we used them, I had Disney rain poncho envy. Yes, I saved a ton of money but I felt like they were not as long or thick as the Disney ones hahaha. I really WISH we had shoe covers and are now going to add those to my Disney go-bag list (I have a fully packed Disney carry on with ears, rain gear, lanyards etc packed so I am ready to leave on a moments notice! Have I ever needed it? No! But at least in my little Disney fueled brain I know I am ready LOL)

I prefer ponchos. You can buy them before you leave and you can find them in different locations at WDW. I always use walking shoes. If conditions are likely to be terrible and I know I won't walk too much during a morning or afternoon I will wear good walking sandals. (They are hard to find in Canada but you can)
Where do you get your poncho? Or is it a situation where it doesn't really matter and Walmart or Amazon will be fine?

I have waterproof walking shoes but the kids don't so I'm looking for something for them.

Where do you get your poncho? Or is it a situation where it doesn't really matter and Walmart or Amazon will be fine?

I have waterproof walking shoes but the kids don't so I'm looking for something for them.
I have purchased ponchos at WDW in one of the many stores. Also I have purchased ponchos at football games or the local pharmacy.
I am not sure what waterproof shoes are. But you can probably find sandals for kids in any shoe store for children.

We used to buy the cheap walmart or dollar store ponchos,mainly because we thought the disney ones would be too expensive.Last trip ,we didn't bring any,and ended up buying the disney ones at our resort.i was surprised that they weren't as expensive as i thought,and more so, How much better and comfortable they were.

For shoes, on days I know it is going to rain I wear Vessi’s (weekender is my preferred ones for in the parks) - Vancouver based company. They will get wet in torrential rain, but do fine in light to moderate rain.

I just use the basic cheap folded ponchos from the dollar store. They are flimsy and tear easily but do the job. They are incredibly light and easy to pack. I can reuse them by hanging them up in the shower overnight. Re feet, nothing is as nasty as wet shoes and socks in the rain and sloshing through puddles. Get a pair of good quality sandals with a good tread so you are less likely to slip. Tevas are good.

And if you buy the Disney ones, they will replace them if they ripped or get damaged at no cost. At least they did in my experience, with no receipt on a separate day than I bought them.
I agree on Disney ponchos. I’ve used the same one for the past 6 years and it’s still in perfect condition. No rips and the snaps are all still working. They are not as expensive as people think and it’s better for the environment than buying lots of dollar store disposable one time use ponchos. And they work better! By now, it’s worked out to be cheaper than a dollar store version.

I agree on Disney ponchos. I’ve used the same one for the past 6 years and it’s still in perfect condition. No rips and the snaps are all still working. They are not as expensive as people think and it’s better for the environment than buying lots of dollar store disposable one time use ponchos. And they work better! By now, it’s worked out to be cheaper than a dollar store version.
I think I'm sold on this. We will have jackets so if we get to the point where we need something more we will just buy them at the parks.

Thanks everyone! I assumed they were $$$$ and poor quality!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter