Where do your kids go after school?

happily single

Left foot first!
I have been struggling with this for a very long time.. My ds9 has been kicked out, no there is no "asked to leave", but kicked out of every daycare facility in my city. There has only been 1 "therupatic" daycare, in the entire state, which he was also kicked out of, which leaves the question that NO ONE can answer:

WHERE DO ALL THESE KIDS GO?

I am out of options and am faced with having to place him in residential treatment because I have no after school daycare. Luckily my boss is on vacation this week so I'm able to leave early to stay home, but financially doing so would cut my pay in half.

I've tried placing ads on craigslist and asking EVERYONE I know with no luck.

WHERE DO ALL THESE KIDS GO?

Thanks

No one? :rotfl: Please, I need ideas here. I work for a law office and bringing my pdd/bi-polar son isn't very conductive to a professional work environment=although it is fun to see the boss twitch:rotfl: everytime ds9 does something he shouldn't do (shh, don't tell the boss we copy our faces on the copier when no one is around)

Is it possible to ask your question to your Dr (That treats your DS)? Or perhaps get a referral from your local health department? Is there a social worker at your childs school? They may be able to give some advice.

eligibility varies from state to state but you might check with health and social services to see if your son qualifies for an in-home care provider after school. i don't think they would do full days since it's generaly limited in hours per month but it might be helpful with regular school days.

My son goes to the after school care at his school. We are in NC.

I know all schools don't have those though.

Sandra

Thankfully this school year a new facility opened in our district especially for children with special needs. It is staffed by OT, Speech, ABA and PT students from the local university and supervised by professionals. My daughter's (she is 4 soon to be 5) school bus takes here there every day after school. I must say we are very blessed to have this place for her. They continue her therapies in a social and fun environment with her peers and she received a scholarship to attend there at no cost. I think normally it is $9 or $10 an hour. You might want to check the local colleges and see if any students (special ed, speech, occupational therapy....) might be willing to watch your son after school.

eligibility varies from state to state but you might check with health and social services to see if your son qualifies for an in-home care provider after school. i don't think they would do full days since it's generaly limited in hours per month but it might be helpful with regular school days.

Are you talking about a respite provider? Other than that there appears to be NOTHING in my State.

The person who has the special needs daycare is truly blessed. I'm trying to figure out how I can afford to only work part-time and open a daycare for kids my like son. But that just isn't feasible since I'm a single mom to 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter