Where have all the parades gone?

In years past I fondly remember all of the WDW parks having a variety of parades to watch.

I remember Hollywood Studios having a variety of afternoon parades in prior years.
Animal Kingdom had the Jungle-Themed Parade.
Epcot had a parade for the Millennium Celebration.
and, of course, I miss the MK's night time parades.

Does anybody have insight into why there are fewer parades today than in years past?
While I do enjoy the new features in the parks including the projection shows and entertainment offerings I feel like WDW is losing an opportunity to decrease wait times around the park and appeal to younger children.

Animal kingdom and DHS had/gave major construction going on in which parade congestion would make everything ten times worse. AK isn’t best suited for a parade either. Hopefully MK gets a night parade back for the 50th.

Is there any plan to replace the next night time parade at the MK?! This was o e of my favorites things!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter