Where/how do you keep a personal bag safe at Castaway Cay?

We don't take anything onto CC except room key and towels. We don't take our phones but I'd probably do a waterproof phone pouch.

Don‘t they require ID to get through the “immigration” checkpoint as you head back to the ship? Not necessarily a passport, though.

Don‘t they require ID to get through the “immigration” checkpoint as you head back to the ship? Not necessarily a passport, though.
Yes. I have never had them check and I have in fact forgotten, but you're officially supposed to have it.

Yes. I have never had them check and I have in fact forgotten, but you're officially supposed to have it.
Same here. I always bring an ID, since they tell you to, but they don't always check it. I think maybe once they asked for it, but I can't recall them doing it on most CC visits.

Yes, and a driver's license is fine.

It's always interesting to hear other people's experiences as we have been asked every time over the past few years, both before and after the restart.

We made sure to bring our drivers license but they did not check those last week. Heck they didnt even ask for my KTTWC at the check point, they just wanted to see one per room (I did have to present it when boarding the ship so they could tap me in).

Thankyou for all the great responses!

We do have the stingray experience booked mid morning. I am conflicted between finding a spot to leave our bag near that, or walking down further for chairs, then walking back for the stingrays.
Does anyone know if we will be allowed to have our waterproof neck case for that? Might be hard to snorkel with afterwards though :confused3

Thankyou for all the great responses!

We do have the stingray experience booked mid morning. I am conflicted between finding a spot to leave our bag near that, or walking down further for chairs, then walking back for the stingrays.
Does anyone know if we will be allowed to have our waterproof neck case for that? Might be hard to snorkel with afterwards though :confused3
I wore my waterproof case around my neck and it stayed tucked under the little snorkeling air vest they give you.

Other than my KTTW card and Driver's license which fit in my pocket and are water proof, and our sun screen and sun glasses we didn't take anything off the ship. Phone stays locked in the stateroom safe. That's the beauty of Castaway Cay, no need for cash, you do everything with your KTTW card.

Can I ask as I've never been to CC yet (or on a disney cruise although booked for next year), do you pay for anything on the island such as merch or snorkeling gear with your key to the world card or is it a cash/card payment that's needed?

I’ll add to the chorus, we don’t take anything of value except things that would only hold value to us. But we have never had anyone touch our belongings or even have anyone linger near our belongings. DM is not an early riser, so we usually end up on the far end of the beach, so no one is really passing by except others who have staked out chairs there. Also, DM cannot swim, so we tend to hang out in the ocean on the inland side closer to the beach which happens to be closer to our chair. But even if we didn’t, we still would feel very comfortable with our stuff hanging out by itself. And as other people have mentioned, we do put a towel over our bag but only to keep our iPhones cool.

Have a great cruise!

Edits: spelling (ugh I hate the autocorrect on this site!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter