Where is my FAVORITE DCL cast member?

Hi Twindaddy!
I was on the Wonder last August, and truly enjoyed this ship. So beautiful and such wonderful memories!
Reagan was my server and he was absolutely lovely! If he is always on the Wonder, you should ask for him.
Does anyone know were Grenville (our stateroom host on the Wonder) and Reagan (our server) are currently?
Thank you so much!

Awesome, thanks for checking in! I will write that name down! I am going to post at thread around late May to get some good Wonder server suggestions. I am hoping Harry Simons, our head server from a few years back, is still on board, but I dont think so. He was awesome, I requested him last time and he put us with a great serving team.

Mihail from Hungary was Magical for our DREAM cruise. I wish I could have him on the Magic! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much! We were on the dream when it first sailed and have not been back. We wanted to try the larger ship again, but the server on he smaller ones (for us, so far) has seemed so much nicer! I am hoping that changes this time :-)

They probably have changed and moved around but last year in October we had:

Wednesdae, Andy and Ashley as our concierge team
Jose as our Mouse Keeper

Shannon

We had great servers on the Magic, Putu and Rietchel. Rietchel was right on with every recommendation and our host Victor was wonderful.

For those wondering about Frankie, he is on the Magic until the end of May. He is off for a few weeks and will be on the Dream from mid July through the end of September. After that, he doesn't know where he'll be. I hope we see him again though. My youngest ran up and gave him a hug every time she saw him and cried when she realized she wouldn't get to see him when we got off the ship.

Has anyone actually sailed on the Disney Wonder recently, I need server suggestions. Or is that ship sailing empty these days?

Aloha! We were on the CA Repo cruise and Alaska back to back and we loved Jenny as our MDR server!! Also were blessed to have Grenville as our stateroom host, so kind and ready to help with anything!! Karen:thumbsup2

We had great servers on the Magic, Putu and Rietchel. Rietchel was right on with every recommendation and our host Victor was wonderful. For those wondering about Frankie, he is on the Magic until the end of May. He is off for a few weeks and will be on the Dream from mid July through the end of September. After that, he doesn't know where he'll be. I hope we see him again though. My youngest ran up and gave him a hug every time she saw him and cried when she realized she wouldn't get to see him when we got off the ship.
cool thanks for this info about Frankie. I'll be seeing him in about 5 days if I'm counting right.

Aloha! We were on the CA Repo cruise and Alaska back to back and we loved Jenny as our MDR server!! Also were blessed to have Grenville as our stateroom host, so kind and ready to help with anything!! Karen:thumbsup2

I see you have a repo and B2b in a few weeks, let me know who you have and if they rock it! Thanks!

So disappointed that Rado is leaving for vacation before our June 14 cruise. He was excellent. Thanks for posting it

Ruzica (aka Rose) from Croatia on the Disney Magic was an AMAZING head server!! She has spoiled us for all future cruise experiences. The kids still talk about the fun they had with her. My son even tried teaching our servers on the Fantasy some of the games & tricks Rose taught him.

We are hopeful that she's still with the Magic. If so, we will be requesting her for our Mar 2015 voyage.

Rose.jpg

Yes, she drew that picture for us, we still have it!

So disappointed that Rado is leaving for vacation before our June 14 cruise. He was excellent. Thanks for posting it

Consider requesting Zsolt Szep. Zsolt is part of the original "Dream Team" ... and is a friends with Rado.

Enjoy! :cheer2:

Steven

To TwinPrincessMermaids:

Please post back and let us know after your cruise which server you had. I just sent off a b'day card and letter to Sammy where I was inquiring if he would be onboard during the EBTA in a few weeks and if he was not going to be available, then who could he recommend that would be onboard during our upcoming cruise. Specifically, I was inquiring if I MADE would be onboard in hopes that one or the other of them could be our servers.

Fingers Crossed.

When sending correspondence to Sammy, please remember to include a self-addressed, stamped envelope, along with paper for use with correspondence. Both Sammy and I Made are phenomenal! :cheer2:

Steven

:thumbsup2

I did along with some extra stamps he could use or share! I know the b'day was a little early, but maybe I will be able to wish him happy b'day onboard the Magic.

We got off the wonder yesterday! He went on vacation a couple of weeks ago but will be returning to the wonder in a few weeks!

Wonderful! Thanks! I want to bring a little gift for him this time just our appreciation (he was so sweet to our 3 year old, she still talks about her "friend" Marco!).

Anyone know what kind of gifts they can/can't accept at guest services? :)

To TwinPrincessMermaids:

Please post back and let us know after your cruise which server you had. I just sent off a b'day card and letter to Sammy where I was inquiring if he would be onboard during the EBTA in a few weeks and if he was not going to be available, then who could he recommend that would be onboard during our upcoming cruise. Specifically, I was inquiring if I MADE would be onboard in hopes that one or the other of them could be our servers.

Fingers Crossed.

When is Sammy's birthday. Hopefully we are not too late.

Does anyone know for sure if Corona is still on the Magic in the salon? He gave me my best haircut *ever!* and I'm thinking I want to go back onboard just to get my hair cut again!

This is an awesome thread! Subbing so I can check out servers for our Jan 2015 cruise on Fantasy. Thanks to everyone for posting!

Is there an easy way to find out who was your serving team - we were on a bahamian cruise on the Magic in Feb - I remember the assistant server's name was Cookie but I can't recall our server's name - was a really nice guy though and would love to have the whole team back.

Wonderful! Thanks! I want to bring a little gift for him this time just our appreciation (he was so sweet to our 3 year old, she still talks about her "friend" Marco!).

Anyone know what kind of gifts they can/can't accept at guest services? :)

If you are referring to a Head Server, Server, Assistant Server, or Stateroom Host ... shake their hand ... telling them how much you enjoyed their hospitality ... consider putting cash in their hand during the hand shake! It's the easiest, but not always the most personal.

If you "bond" with your cast member, you should talk about THEIR likes ... their homeland, etc. Start asking them what THEY like on day #1 or day #2 ... then send them what you can via US Mail. Often, American or Canadian chocolate works wonders. Even cast members who do not care for chocolate will appreciate the thought ... and will likely trade the chocolate with other cast members (when I am giving chocolate to newer cast members ... I tell them, if the do not like it ... use it for bartering / trading with other cast members).

Cast members are not permitted to have hard liquor, but then CAN accept wine. I always ask what wine they like, before purchasing something I *think* they would like.

Enjoy!

Steven

When is Sammy's birthday. Hopefully we are not too late.

I started a small list of birthday MONTHS for some of the more popular cast members (see page 1 of this post). I am able to add servers and their birthdays to the list, but you MUST make sure it is okay to publish their first and last name, home country, and birthday MONTH (I will not post a date or year).

FWIW - Sammy's birth date is late May ... so I list May as his birth month. Honestly, if you want to do something special, tell your Head Server you wand a birthday cake for Sammy ... REGARDLESS of when you are on the ship! Head Servers can authorize all sorts of stuff! pixiedust:

Is there an easy way to find out who was your serving team - we were on a bahamian cruise on the Magic in Feb - I remember the assistant server's name was Cookie but I can't recall our server's name - was a really nice guy though and would love to have the whole team back.

Unfortunately, unless you retained your gratuity stub, there is no way to now the names of the cast members on your team. That aside, please understand, the teams rotate on a regular basis. Head Server's change teams, as do Servers and Assistant Servers.
:(

Steven

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter