Where to park for sleigh ride?

shortred

Mouseketeer
We were able to get Holiday sleigh rides on Christmas Day at Fort Wilderness and then have dinner at Wilderness Lodge. Both are something I have always wanted to do and never been able to! We are staying off site that day. I have looked at the map online and I am still confused where to park. I know that we pick up the sleigh rides at Crockett’s Tavern, and I am sure parking will be hard to come by but I don’t even know where to try. Anyone have any suggestions?

We were able to get Holiday sleigh rides on Christmas Day at Fort Wilderness and then have dinner at Wilderness Lodge. Both are something I have always wanted to do and never been able to! We are staying off site that day. I have looked at the map online and I am still confused where to park. I know that we pick up the sleigh rides at Crockett’s Tavern, and I am sure parking will be hard to come by but I don’t even know where to try. Anyone have any suggestions?

Park at the main entrance parking lot for Ft. Wilderness. (Outpost area.)
Take an "Internal Bus" to the Settlement Stop.
(Same stop as the Hoop Dee Doo Revueshow.)

FtW-SettlementAll_090416_zpsnqkc0it5.jpg

FtW-Outpost_041610.jpg

FtW-EWS-WL-Parkg_062512.jpg

Your OTHER choice is to valet park at the Wilderness Lodge and take the shuttle boats to and from Ft. Wilderness.

WL-N_CM-Lot_091809.gif

FYI:

In addition to the boat, there is also a bus between WL & the Settlement.

If you park at the FtW lot (aka the Outpost), after dinner you can board the bus from WL to FtW. It stops at both the Settlement and the Outpost, so you can travel from WL to the Outpost on a single bus.

If you like to walk after dinner, take the bus or boat to the Settlement, and walk through the campground to view Guests' Christmas decorations on their campsites. It's about a mile walk from the Settlement to the Outpost. You can walk part way, and if you get tired head to any of the bus stops throughout the campground and catch a bus the rest of the way. You might want to bring a flashlight; the trails are lit, but not very well in places. Pick up a map of the campground at either the check-in building at the Outpost or the concierge window next to the restrooms at the Settlement.

Thank you so much. I do like the idea of walking through the campgrounds after dinner. Will pack flashlights! So we will park at the Outpost. I would not have been able to figure this out on my own, so double thanks and Happy Thanksgiving. May you enjoy it with family and friends.

Depending on the length of time at the bus stops to pick guests up 5 to 15 minutes

Thank you! You are a treasure to these boards, and I appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter