Where to put my bag on rides

Big Ogie

Earning My Ears
This will be the first time I've visited the parks with a backpack. I'm assuming for many (all?) rides, I can not bring my backpack on the ride. Do they have a designated spot to put your bag when you get on the ride, or do I need to make other arrangements for my backpack when I ride? I'm assuming rides like It's a Small World, you can bring it on the ride, or is that an incorrect assumption? Thanks so much!

You can keep your bag on every ride but FOP. For that attraction, your bag will go in a bin behind the bikes. For Soarin', they may ask you to leave it on the floor if it's a large bag that won't fit in the bag beneath the seat.

If you're riding Kali River Rapids, you might want to utilize the nearby lockers to avoid having it soaked.

THIS ^

Always keep with you, and the few like above where you must store, it is right by you.

On the coasters, since it won't fit in the little "basket" space, I put on floor and they stick my leg through a strap just in case.
I also stick my leg through one of the straps. It's a little awkward getting off of the ride, but it's worth the peace of mind.

For Kali River rapids, the lockers are free for up to 2 hours. Otherwise your bag goes with you. As said above, FOP has a bin for you to put it in, and if it is big, it goes on the floor during Soarin'. Everything else, your bag goes with you.

Disney allows bags on rides. But pack light and small because the space the allow for bags isnt always big

On the coasters, since it won't fit in the little "basket" space, I put on floor and they stick my leg through a strap just in case.

I do this as well. We have an LL Bean day pack that is light weight and perfect for the parks. This is the first year that my girls want to bring their own little bags to carry snacks and water. I already told them about this trick :laughing:

I carry a large backpack (2 preschoolers - our trip a year ago only one was barely potty trained) and haven’t had a problem on any ride. Space mountain doe have little feet space but try to get a spot at the front of either car and there’s a little more space.

7DMT is especially small. I put the backpack on my feet.
Same here. Even with a very small crossbody bag, I can't get it stuffed in the 7DMT basket net and esp can't get it done in the rushed loading time. 7DMT is definitely a bag at your feet and foot through the strap ride.

I have always had a bag and always taken it with me on rides. (haven't been there since FOP opened). I either put it at my feet with the strap wrapped around my foot/ankle, or around my wrist with it sitting on the seat or my lap. Never had a problem either way.

I have always had a bag and always taken it with me on rides. (haven't been there since FOP opened). I either put it at my feet with the strap wrapped around my foot/ankle, or around my wrist with it sitting on the seat or my lap. Never had a problem either way.
This is what I do! I've always brought a backpack along touring- never any issues.

Same here. Even with a very small crossbody bag, I can't get it stuffed in the 7DMT basket net and esp can't get it done in the rushed loading time. 7DMT is definitely a bag at your feet and foot through the strap ride.

It's the one ride I don't do the strap. Those cars are so tight there is no way my bag could jump out.

It's the one ride I don't do the strap. Those cars are so tight there is no way my bag could jump out.

Same. It's so smashed in there on my feet. I'm less than 5 feet tall, and that's why I get the pleasure of the bag on 7DMT, lol.

BTMR, ToT and EE, I pass the bag to my son or husband because it doesn't feel secure even with my leg through a strap. Or we'll go bagless that day.

On Kali River Rapids, doesn't it have the covered storage area in the middle with the waterproof cover that goes over the top?

On Kali River Rapids, doesn't it have the covered storage area in the middle with the waterproof cover that goes over the top?

They took that out after they installed the nearby free (for 2 hours) lockers

I suspect that the waterproof cover was not fully waterproof, so to remove liability due to a false sense of 'water proofness" Disney removed the bins entirely and made the nearby lockers free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter