Where to stay at SSR?

NEMO93

Earning My Ears
We are going to WDW and staying at SSR, We are wondering what section of SSR we should stay in. Any suggestions will be helpful.:cool1:

The wife and I love the Grandstands. It's the first pick up and drop off on the bus route, but the buses don't go past the buildings, so not much noise. The small pool and play area is just a short walk and you can walk over to the main pool, lobby, etc etc etc in about five minutes.

Agree with the Grandstands. We have stayed there twice, first time the Springs (before the Grandstand was built) - the Springs was a good location, easy walking distance to the pool and the food court; however it was the last bus stop and even way back then (2006) we experienced overcrowded buses and often had to stand.
The Grandstand is a better location - 1st bus stop cannot be over emphasized, secondly the Grandstand has its own pool and a mini water park/spray area. Granted, the pool is not as elaborate as the Main pool, its still a nice diversion and the main pool and food court are still a very close walk away.

We've always loved Congress Park, DTD view, the view of the water and the balloon going up and down is so nice especially at night! 2nd fave Paddock Park, now that they have the new pool area!

We have only ever stayed at Congress Park. Initially, it was for the DTD views, but those can be hit or miss for the studio rooms. However, after staying there a couple of times, we really like the convenience of the location to walk over to DTD.

We are at SSR now, and this is our second time in the Paddock area. This worked out good because we go to DTD a lot, and with the walkway closed, if you are in buildings 5,6 in the Paddock area, it is a short walk to DTD.

If you are staying during a busy time of year, I would agree that the Grandstand is great due to first bus stop, and low bus noise due to where the pickup area is. We have only stayed in the Paddock/Congress Park areas and like them both.

I am planning a trip for my entire family for December 2014. There will be 12 of us staying in a 3 Bedroom. I need to find out where to request our room before I make reservations. We need to be close to the lobby/foodcourt and bus stop. My dad will be traveling with us and we need to be as close as possible to both of them. I want a water or Downtown Disney View from a 3 bedroom. I would love some recommmendations or pictures from a 3bedroom. We are celebrating my moms 60th birthday with the entire family. I am starting 11 months in advance planning so it will be perfect. I would appreciate any advice or websites to help with the planning. We are DVC members and my family of 4 have been over 10 times to Disney so I do have experience but not with 12 adults at a time. Thanks

We love staying in The Springs...with a 7 and 10 year old it makes for convenience! Love SSR!

Which sections are within walking distance to DTD? Have never stayed at SSR yet, but recently bought points there. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter