Where to stay for 10th Anniversary with kids??

Jersey Mom

Earning My Ears
I need help planning my 10 year anniversary trip. We were originally going to do a disney cruise but that was out of our budget. So my husband really doesn;t want to do anything because he thinks the parks are too much work. We already have plane tickets which require us to stay 10 nights. For this length of time should I split resorts? Should I consider Universal resorts? I'm so confused.

We will be there late August and I just want it to be really memorable for all. Our children will be travelling with us and they are 2 and 4. Also, my husband is a vegetarian and he won't be happy if there aren't places for him to eat. Please help! Thanks in advance.

I don't know about splitting, but with little kids I think it would be wise to pick a resort close to the parks. OUr two favorites are the Poly (hop on the monorail to MK) and the Boardwalk Villas (walk to MGM or Epcot). The YC/BC would also be a good choice in that respect.
Robin M.

Hi, Happy 10th anniversary!
Since you are on a budget ...and I am not sure if you are the type to cook on your vacation. (let me know more)

Since you state you are on a budget, cooking in or having breakfast, snacks, a full kitchen will cut costs on the WDW trip, try the Fort Wilderness Cabins (you still get daily maid service, like a hotel) its great for little ones and you get your privacy. If you have a little extra $$$ I recommend Old Key West.

If you absolutely do not want to cook -- then don't pay for the full kitchens that FW or OKW offers and try 2 ajoining rooms at a resort, the Allstars is your cheapest, then I recommend PORS (moderate). Getting 2 deluxe ajoining rooms is pricey.

As far as splitting the stay at WDW and Universal, I recommend WDW w/ the ages of the children, perhaps a day trip to seaworld.

Hope I helped!

If you do not wish to cook

You might enjoy splitting the stay between two resorts. Some people really enjoy that, and others think it's too much trouble to pack and unpack again. It's all up to you.

As for being a vegetarian, I understand from the posts on these boards that there should be quite a few options available to your husband. Some people haven mentioned that the restaurants can be very accomodating, and that your servers can sometimes suggest items that aren't necessarily on the menu.

For your little ones, you might try letting them have a hand in the planning. Find several good pictures of each resort within your prive range, and try letting them pick. Even though you've already "picked" WDW, they might enjoy the fun of deciding where you're actually going to stay.

We are celebrating our 10th in Aug with the kids. We are doing 3 nights at HRH Universal and 3 nights at Swan or PO(can't decide yet). The FOL access at Universal makes them less work and will just try to relax at Disney. Have fun.

Islands of Adventure would not be that appealing...other than Seuss Island there is just not that much they'd be interested in and for you and your husband to enjoy the thrill rides you'd be child swapping all day long!

A monorail hotel would be a luxury! (We loved staying the GF in Nov. 2000). But after staying in AKL - I would love to return and stay a month there!

There are some really great discounts for AKL standard rooms (and you might even upgraded to a pool or savannah view)...the resort is breathtaking! They have rooms with one queen and bunkbeds. The bus service was really convenient to everywhere as they do not share service with any other resort.

Whatever you decide - have a really great anniversary! and a fantastic vacation!

-LA

Hi,

Happy 10th Anniversary! My husband and I are celebrating our 10th at Disney in August also. We're staying 10 days at the Beach Club mid-August and I really can't wait. We'll have our 7 year-old DD with us. I wouldn't worry too much about where you stay, 10 days in Disney itself will be a great way to celebrate! That said, I'd probably consider the childrens' ages and try to make it somewhere with easy enough access to and from the parks in case you need that mid-day break from the heat. We went last August and the transportation was great, even the buses, so I think any onsite resort would fit the bill. Have fun planning!

I would definitely split resorts it is always so great to experience more than one Disney resort during one trip. I would suggest the Beach Club (close to Epcot & Studios and great pool) and either the Poly or Wilderness Lodge. (close to MK) HEY, how about a third resort - AK lodge , the kids would love the animals and the kid pools are great and then you'll be close to Animal Kingdom.

4 days at Beach Club
(2 days to enjoy epcot, 2 days to enjoy studios.)

3 days at Poly or WL
(2 days to enjoy MK and 1 day to enjoy the resort)
(don't forget Hoop De Doo, Hay Ride and Camp fire at Ft.Wld)

3 days at AKL
(1 day for AK and last 2 days for whatever)

THis is what I did on my last 10 day trip and it was like having 3 vacations, plus you have plenty of time to take the parks in at a slow pace with plenty of time to enjoy the rest of what WDW has to offer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter