Where to View HEA after Citricos Meal?

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
I can book ADRs tomorrow morning. Our original plan was to eat at The Wave (one of our favorites) for dinner and then going over to the Polynesian to watch Happily Ever After. Now we are thinking of doing Citricos instead. I have always wanted to try it, and this would allow us to see the GF's Christmas decorations. A great start to a vacation, I think. Instead of heading to the Polynesian, we were wondering if there is a place to view the fireworks at the GF. I'm reading that the Narcoossee's deck is only available to those dining there. I think that is the only place the music is piped in except at the Poly beach, correct? (And please don't suggest eating at CG or Narcoossee's. We have eaten there before and want to try something new.)

I hadn't heard that Narcoossee's verandah/deck is only for it's customers now but how about going to the boat dock which kind of looks like a gazebo and has seating if memory serves me correctly? No idea if music is piped in like Poly.

I hadn't heard that Narcoossee's verandah/deck is only for it's customers now but how about going to the boat dock which kind of looks like a gazebo and has seating if memory serves me correctly? No idea if music is piped in like Poly.

you can typically still hear the music from the boat dock.

also, you can see the high fireworks from just outside Gasparilla's near the marina. pretty sure they pipe in the music also.

(you probably already know but you will miss the projections on the castle when viewing outside the park.)

I can book ADRs tomorrow morning. Our original plan was to eat at The Wave (one of our favorites) for dinner and then going over to the Polynesian to watch Happily Ever After. Now we are thinking of doing Citricos instead. I have always wanted to try it, and this would allow us to see the GF's Christmas decorations. A great start to a vacation, I think. Instead of heading to the Polynesian, we were wondering if there is a place to view the fireworks at the GF. I'm reading that the Narcoossee's deck is only available to those dining there. I think that is the only place the music is piped in except at the Poly beach, correct? (And please don't suggest eating at CG or Narcoossee's. We have eaten there before and want to try something new.)

I'm a big fan of Citricos so I think eating there is a great idea. I've eaten there on 4 occasions and every meal was delicious. That said I wouldn't completely cross California Grill off your list of possible fireworks viewing locations. I read on the official Disney Moms Panel blog that you should be able to get access to their viewing platform if you have a receipt for a food or beverage purchase from their dining room and lounge even if it's from earlier in the day. So if you went there for pre-dinner (or post!) cocktails, you could come back later for the fireworks. Other options include the Poly beach, the 4th floor observation deck of the Contemporary resort which is (usually) open to the public and the ferry dock at the Ticket and Transportation Center. You obviously won't get a clear view of the castle projections for any of these spots, but I believe the music is piped in at all of these places and the fireworks view should still be stellar.

This is all great information. I really would prefer to stay around the Grand Floridian that night, so I think I'll try the boat dock. I'm only interested in the fireworks. I could care less about the projections. We did the HEA Dessert Party last October for our first viewing of HEA, and we weren't impressed. I like castle projections, and I like fireworks. Just not together! I'm really wanting an experience where I can just focus on the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter