Where we ate last week

crystalb

<font color="green">Gives smilie fashion advise</f
Started out with Artist Point at WL. :)
Very good food. But not our favorite. Probably be a Been There Done That restaurant for us.
We started off with the venison spring rolls. VERY good. But for $8..... We each were served one thin, long spring roll. (Guessing 5 - 6 inches long and pretty narrow.) They were good. But were truly an appetizer. ;)
DH had the salmon on the cedar plank that everyone raves about. And again, he said it was very good. But that was about all he got. The salmon and few shreds of veggies thrown on top for color. And the salmon piece was not very big really. I was surprised how small it was. ($28)
I had the beef tenderloin, very well done. (As I requested) Even as well done as it was -- just like I like it -- that tenderloin almost melted in my mouth. VERY GOOD. And it was served on top of a cheddar quiche. It didn't look very big as a serving, but was more filling that I expected. ($30)
It was VERY good.
Good bread with the meal too. We just had ice teas to drink.
We walked away happy and satisfied. But we both said we probably would not make a point of returning.

For breakfast a few times we grabbed something at the MK Main St Bakery.
Lunches were generally fast food type at Pecos Bill's; Back Lot -- splitting meals.

Thursday night we ate at Cape May Clam Bake at the Beach Club. Our first time to eat there. The price was very good (by Disney standards) for what we got and we probably will return on a future trip.
DH liked it MUCH better than I. But I think the heat was getting to me and really didn't have a great appetite at that time.
They offered two types of green salad -- Caesar and spring green mix. DH had the spring; I had the Caesar. The Caesar salad was bitter and I didn't eat much of it.
Very nice selection and what I had was generally good.
DH fell in love with one of the desserts -- Oreo bon-bons. He said had he known what they were like he would have cut back on the meal and eaten more of those! :jester: (He just had one, sampling other desserts.)
The flan ws VERY good. More like a creme brulee. mmmmmmm

Another sit down meal was the Nine Dragons. Yes, I had to try it and was not disappointed. :bounce: It was VERY good too! Reminded me of PF Chang's -- only BETTER in every way.
Everything tasted very fresh. Would return again and look forward to it!

We also ate at Kona Cafe. Our second time there. Again was VERY good. I really liked their oven roasted chicken last time we were there. I ordered it again. It seemed better last time. But still a very good meal.
DH had the Macadamia Mahi Mahi and said it was just as good as what he ate at AP the other night, for a lot less $.
He also had a dessert that the server described as being similar to tiaramasu (sp). DH was VERY impressed with it.
When we left Kona, he kept saying "Excellent."
We also shared a pot of the pressed coffee. mmmmmmmmm

Our final sit down was at Puck's DTD. Not the upstairs. the cafe, lower side.
That was another odd day as we didn't even get around to eating lunch. :rolleyes: And our breakfast was one puff pastry at Epcot at the Fountainview Bakery.
DH had an order of the Pumpkin Ravioli.
I opted for the bacon cheesburger (fries).
It was good. But we have had better. I think DH liked his better.
Mine was okay. It was a good burger. But honestly I have had better burgers at the local Red Robin.
But you don't generally think of hamburgers when you think of Puck's.
I left full, and didn't even finish the food I was served.
It was just odd timing for us, as we were eating more of a late, late lunch.

Except for Kona, all the sit downs were new to us. I would return to Nine Dragons and Kona (again). The others were fine. But I unless circumstances just made it handy we would probably go somewhere else.

Service at all locations was very good.

Something I thought I would add - - although it was not directly meal related for us.
I went to CRT (evening) and bought two of the glass mugs. They have the CRT emblem on them. Only $5 each. Nice reminder of MK for anyone interested in buying some for themselves on their next trip. :)

One more thing I wanted to be sure to add --
DH said (more than once) the clam chowder at Cape Mays was the BEST clam chowder he had EVER eaten!
So any Dis New Englanders should put it to the test! ;)

Originally posted by crystalb
Another sit down meal was the Nine Dragons. Yes, I had to try it and was not disappointed. :bounce: It was VERY good too! Reminded me of PF Chang's -- only BETTER in every way.
Everything tasted very fresh. Would return again and look forward to it!

I love PF Chang's. I don't think it can be classsified as a "chinese restaurant." It is our favorite restaurant: we went to Disneyland in June and drove to PF Chang's twice while we were there (there are several in CA).

I posted recently about our dissatisfaction on our recent trip to Nine Dragons. I think I have been spoiled by PF Chang's! It's interesting that you compare the two.

Wonderful reviews ~ Thanx for sharing!!!!!!

:wave:
Between PF C's and 9 Dragons, what made me think of Chang's was 9D veggies (and all the food) tasted fresh and the sauces were very good. Like Chang's it just tasted fresh and crisp. Not made up ahead.
Just enough spices to enhance. But not enough to overkill the tastebuds with sweet or spice. Just good and fresh.
I like Chang's too. But I can never figure out why they play *popular* radio music as opposed to asian. :confused: That takes away from the atmosphere to me.
And of course at Chang's they mix the sauce for you and you can make your own. 9D didn't do that. It was so good anyway. :)
DH had a duck dish. I ordered a salad and an sampler appetizer for my meal.
The salad was large enough we shared and still had some left over.
The appetizer I think I ate like half of. It was two spring rolls and two each of two other items.
Hot tea to drink. The tea I can so was *okay*. Had better. Had worse. But if that's the worse I can say.... ;)
DH didn't try any of mine because he had so much on his plate. :)

I'll second your DH's comment on the Oreo bon-bons at Cape May. That is one of the best chocolate desserts around, and seems so simple. I sampled all the other desserts too. But I sill managed to put down around a half dozen of the bon bons.

Great reviews--thanks for sharing! And I'll have to agree about those Oreo bon-bons....:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter