Where will ABD go next?

adeline723

Earning My Ears
We are REALLY holding out on Scandinavia-has always been on bucket list. Want to wait until 2014 to travel in case they add it.

Where else do you think they could add?

I know a lot of people have been hoping for Japan, but I've heard that the cost of running a tour to ABD's standards is just too high to make it a viable choice.

Which is really too bad, because I'd *LOVE* to do an ABD to Japan!

Sayhello

One of my guides told me a few days ago that they had looked into Jerusalem/Israel before deciding on Scotland instead. I don't know how feasible it would be with all of the political unrest that seems to go on so frequently there though.

I'd like to see a New York option...Statue of Libery/Ellis Island and broadway shows etc.

At one point they offered a Boston and New York trip, I think. We really wanted to do it, but then they stopped offering it. We would definitely be interested if they brought it back.

We are REALLY holding out on Scandinavia-has always been on bucket list. Want to wait until 2014 to travel in case they add it.

Where else do you think they could add?

Scandinavia would be really expensive. It might easily be the most expensive offering if ABD ever chose to go there. I enjoyed my brief visit there many years ago but I remember the food being less than desirable for an American palate. Not bad quality, just different from what most Americans eat.

Just back from the Greece trip (more on that later!)--no intel re new trips. I'd like to see a Moscow to St. Petersberg trip offered some day; and maybe Japan will not be an ABD but I still believe that the market in Asia could sustain a ship (Magic?) that would include various itineraries including Japan, China etc. (Like they do now with an Eastern Med and Western Med)

I think Japan/China trips would be a good offering because they could offer a night or two in the Tokyo/HK parks. But as others have said it may be a really expensive option.

My vote would be Scandinavia. Maybe they could bring back the Northern Europe cruise with an ABD add-on....I would sign up for that immediately! Does anyone know when the 2014 Disney Cruise schedule will be announced?

I would also love a NYC/Boston trip as well (but I prefer to use ABD for international trips).

And of course, Japan would be awesome! So many places, so little time (and money :))

I think Japan/China trips would be a good offering because they could offer a night or two in the Tokyo/HK parks. But as others have said it may be a really expensive option.
There already *is* a China ABD, and it's a fantastic itinerary! Although it does not include Hong Kong Disneyland. It does, however, end in Hong Kong, so adding a day or two in HKDL wouldn't be that hard.

My vote would be Scandinavia. Maybe they could bring back the Northern Europe cruise with an ABD add-on....I would sign up for that immediately! Does anyone know when the 2014 Disney Cruise schedule will be announced?

I would also love a NYC/Boston trip as well (but I prefer to use ABD for international trips).

And of course, Japan would be awesome! So many places, so little time (and money :))
I know several people who were hoping they'd do an ABD add-on to the Baltic cruise!

ABD offered a NYC/Boston trip. It was dropped before any of the trips actually occurred. I don't know if it was a logistical issue, or it just never sold. I don't know about Boston, but I'd love to do NYC with ABD and not have to worry about getting around, etc. New York can be no fun to navigate, especially with luggage!

Sayhello

sayhello said:
There already *is* a China ABD, and it's a fantastic itinerary! Although it does not include Hong Kong Disneyland. It does, however, end in Hong Kong, so adding a day or two in HKDL wouldn't be that hard.

I know several people who were hoping they'd do an ABD add-on to the Baltic cruise!

ABD offered a NYC/Boston trip. It was dropped before any of the trips actually occurred. I don't know if it was a logistical issue, or it just never sold. I don't know about Boston, but I'd love to do NYC with ABD and not have to worry about getting around, etc. New York can be no fun to navigate, especially with luggage!

Sayhello

As a person who lives about 25 miles from NYC, stays in the city a few times a year, and also has taken an ABD trip, I don't necessarily see how they can live up to the high ABD standards and logistically make an NYC trip work. Except for the Marriott Marquis, which has a covered entrance, and maybe The Plaza because of the front of the hotel, the majority of the other hotels would find it difficult to accommodate a bus/coach to load and unload passengers out front. An ABD guide with an ABD sign is not going to be able to stop traffic to get everyone across the street safely, and there are quite a few streets to cross. LOL.

I agree, Sayhello, it would be a fun trip. I just don't know it is doable.

As a person who lives about 25 miles from NYC, stays in the city a few times a year, and also has taken an ABD trip, I don't necessarily see how they can live up to the high ABD standards and logistically make an NYC trip work. Except for the Marriott Marquis, which has a covered entrance, and maybe The Plaza because of the front of the hotel, the majority of the other hotels would find it difficult to accommodate a bus/coach to load and unload passengers out front. An ABD guide with an ABD sign is not going to be able to stop traffic to get everyone across the street safely, and there are quite a few streets to cross. LOL.

I agree, Sayhello, it would be a fun trip. I just don't know it is doable.
That makes a lot of sense. And who knows, that may be part of the reason they canceled the itinerary. Maybe they got into practice runs, and realized it wasn't going to work.

Sayhello

Just returned from a Tauck Bridges family river boat cruise on the Danube and I do so wish that ABD would do a cruise like this. It is a beautiful area from Budapest to Passau. The Tauck "advisors" were horrible compared to ABD. All we could say after a couple days onboard was how underwhelming they were with the kids. From dismissive to down right rude to the kids.Meanwhile the ship"s crew were fantastic with the kids and did more for them than those whose job was to include the kids in the cruise. It is unfortunate that they (Tauck) squandered a great oppontunity and more important my daughter lost out on alot she could have experienced if ABD had been in charge.:idea:

How about an ABD on the Orient Express? That would be different.

I would book this in a heartbeat. Crossing my fingers for 2014!

I ran across this statement on Disney's ABD Jobs site under "Becoming an Adventure Guide... Language Ability":

"Currently we are considering the following languages when assessing suitability to lead trips in destinations where these languages are spoken: French, German, Italian, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese and Japanese. "

I thought it was interesting that they're seeking applicants who can speak Japanese. Possible future Japan trip? There may be nothing to it, but you never know.

I ran across this statement on Disney's ABD Jobs site under "Becoming an Adventure Guide... Language Ability":

"Currently we are considering the following languages when assessing suitability to lead trips in destinations where these languages are spoken: French, German, Italian, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese and Japanese. "

I thought it was interesting that they're seeking applicants who can speak Japanese. Possible future Japan trip? There may be nothing to it, but you never know.
Oooo! Good catch! That is definitely an interesting possibility! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

Japan would be amazing! I have little experience with Japanese language/culture and ABD would take away a lot of the hassle and uncertainty.

India would also be great, as there seems to be so much land I would want to cover!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter