Where's the best prime rib?

tommymommy

Earning My Ears
DH, DS, and I love good prime rib and would like to find out where the best, in your opinion, can be found. Can be a restaurant in Disney or DTD or nearby. Thanks!:D

was fantastic.....but very pricey........we raved about the prime rib we had at Le Cellier in Epcot.....melted in my mouth and was delicious.....hope this helps

Two good choices are the Yachtsman Steak house in the Yacht club and Le Celier in the Canada pavillion at World Showcase.

We've had it at Le Cellier and it was good, but the steaks are better. Some of us also had it at Rose and Crown -- okay but nothing special.

I didn't have it but saw and spoke to two young men that did at Shula's. The portions were actually hanging off of the platter and these were individual servings. They said it was the best most tastey prime rib they have ever had.

Great question, tommymommy!!
About a year ago, I started a thread asking what everyone thought was the best steak around (me and about a thousand other people have started that same thread on this website!!!).
Unofficially, based on the responses to the thread, it was an extremely close vote that went from Shula's, to Yachtsman to LeCellier and Concourse.
BUT...prime rib is kind of a different category! Good question...curious to see the answers! (Uncleromulus seems well-versed in this area...maybe that family will have a good response. I'll be watching myself!)

I had excellent Prime Rib at Boma this summer. And since Boma is a buffet, you can have a little or as much as you like.

Well--I've always tried to like Prime Rib. But seems that every time I order it out, it's either almost raw, or so full of gristle and fat as to render it only about 1/2 edible.
At WDW I did have it once--at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. By the above Prime Rib standards, it was quite good. Nearly cooked thru, and rather "lean" as well. IT was a huge piece of meat, served with au jus. But no horseradish!!
So I will defer to the true Prime Rib experts in this case----.

Thank you everyone for your replies, I am bumping this up to see if anyone else will respond. We are lucky to have a few restaurants in our area with excellent prime rib so maybe we are spoiled! I will check out the restaurants mentioned in your replies. Thanks again.:cool:

My DH really loves prime rib and says the Boma has the best and prefers it over the Yachtsman steakhouse and Le Cellier.

My family LOVES the prime rib at the Rose & Crown in the UK at EPCOT. We go there at least twice a trip and everyone orders the prime rib each time. It's a little pricey.. but go for lunch when it costs less.

Originally posted by Uncleromulus
Well--I've always tried to like Prime Rib. But seems that every time I order it out, it's either almost raw <snip> At WDW I did have it once--at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. By the above Prime Rib standards, it was quite good. Nearly cooked thru, and rather "lean" as well. IT was a huge piece of meat, served with au jus. But no horseradish!!

FYI, you could always ask that they throw your cut on the grille for a few minutes to cook it up a bit more.

Mike

I did that--but takes lots of extra time, as much of the prime rib is "slow roasted" and grilling it is an adventure for many kitchens.
Usually I got it back more reheated than recooked.
Once asked for it to be done a bit more and the waitress said "I'll take it back, but they don't know how to prepare it any other way"!!
Don't want things "well done" (burned to a crisp) but just "medium". Had a run of about 3 months where all I ordered from the local spots we visit was Prime Rib. Never got it right, any of them.
So I never order it any more.

Tommymommy:
To echo what eeyore2u said, I believe I read a review some time ago where the person just raved over the Prime Rib at Shula's. If any place can do it right, that's probably the spot.

Gee Uncleromulus, I always get the opposite problem - they can never have my meat bleeding enough.

The Rose & Crown prime rib was a good price deal (cheapest on property) but they took it off the lunch menu so its only offered at dinner.

Would go with Shulas.

We like Le Cellier very much, but I had a horrible piece of prime rib there last December. DW's filet was excellent. I must have hit it on a bad night for prime rib. On other trips I've really like the filet, but went for a change.

The bad prime rib wasn't just me. It was full of gristle, tough and way too much fat. Since others have had good prime rib here, don't let my one bad experience stop you.

we have always enjoyed prime rib at Cindarella' castle. Food is always good and the atmosphere is great.

1 - Shula's, easily the best, but not cheap. A huge slab of choice beef. 2 - Boma, excellent, and it's on the buffet.

FYI - Only 2 months until I can compare the Yachtsman vs. Shula's head to head in the same trip. I will post the results.....

Le Cellier has pretty good prime rib, but their steaks are much better. My husband could not stop raving about Shula's though

Thanks everyone! Now, please tell me where are Shula's and Concourse? I guess we could try for PS at Rose and Crown on MVMCP night but that will probably be hard to get. It is on a Tuesday night for us so maybe I will get lucky. Trying for a PS to Chef Mickey's for Monday night 12/15 in a few days, wish me luck!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter