Which Chrtr Bfst for two 50+ couples?

2ofUs

DIS Veteran
We are experienced WDW guests, but another couple is joining us on this trip and it is their VERY FIRST VISIT. They are in their late 50's and from Iowa. We are all young at heart and my DH and I LOVE WDW.

Part of our ticket package includes our choice of one character breakfast (actually it includes most any breakfast, but I thought we would get the most benefit out of a character meal). We will be at WDW and available for breakfast on the mornings of Monday, 2/7 through Friday, 2/11.

My question is: WHICH should we choose that might entertain our friends the most? CRT is tough, but I would be willing to try if you suggest. I thought it might be less hassle to take them to lunch there just to see the castle.

Any help with choices would be appreciated. Thanks :confused:

Crystal Palace is pretty good, if your plans will take you to the MK. They have the Pooh characters there at breakfast. Have a fun trip!

My vote is 1900 Park Fare at GF. DD15 and I always go there for breakfast at least once each trip. No flames please.......but it is much more quiet and calm and seems far more organized than the others, not to mention that the food is actually very good! We have found that character meals at the resorts are quieter than character meals in the parks.

Gosh, have fun no matter where you choose!:wave:

Either Donalds at the AK, 1900 PF at the GF, or Cape May at the BC.

I would avoid Chef Mickey's, it gives me a headache thinking about it--very loud and dare I say bordering on obnoxious for the morning.

Anne

I was also going to suggest 1900 Park Fare. This will also give you the chance to look around the Grand Floridian which is very beautiful.

I agree that I would just have lunch or dinner at CRT and not bother myself with the hustle and bustle of the breakfast.

Another vote for 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian. They have a great breakfast buffet and the resort is beautiful.

I think the Crystal Palace would be a good choice :) If you select a slightly later time (let's say after 10AM), it does get a little quieter because most people have already eaten and are out at the parks. But the characters are still around and the food is still fresh and plentiful.

Cape May. It seems to be one of the more laid bacK char meals try to go after 10. Make it on your sleep late day.

Kae

I would say Cape May for sure. The times we have been there it was much less hectic than other character meals. The food is very good, also.

I suggest the character breakfast at Ohana at the Polynesian. The meal is all you can eat family style, so you don't have to get up to get your food. The service is great. We eat here every trip. It is never crowded when we go there. It is a relaxing atmosphere. We really enjoy the meal and the characters. Great place and beautiful resort!

I'm 53 and LOVED the Crystal Palace. We did our first character breakfast this year and I thought it was fantastic. I had two teens with me and they loved it too.

Have fun!

Definitely 1900 Park Fare.

First off, they will appreciate the opportunity to walk around the GF. Just to sit in the lobby and relax for a few minutes is very nice. It's a beautiful resort.

Now for the breakfast.......

It is one of the best character breakfasts on property. The buffet is very good, and on top of that they will make omlettes to order. The strawberry soup is worth the trip alone!!

As for the characters.......

They are mostly "face" characters. Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter, and Mary Poppins. They are delightful to chat with and provide for a much more 'adult' experience for an older group. The place is great for the kids too as they have some Pooh characters, but I think it's a good mix of characters for a group of adults.

Crystal Palace was our favorite character breakfast, followed closely by Chef Mickey's. part of the fun of Crystal Palace was that we had an 8:15 PS time, and we got to wait at the turnstiles for awhile before they let us in, which made the excitement build. Then, we got pictures of the castle with no one else in front of it, etc. The character interaction was great, food was awesome, we just loved it! We also really liked Chef Mickey's food and characters, but our server wasn't the best, and it made it hard to enjoy the food......nothing to wash it down with.

Steph

I love the disboards. You guys have given us 'food-for-thought' (sorry, couldn't resist).

Can you enlighten us as to the amount of TIME to allow for the breakfasts? At Crystal Palace, I think the earliest PS is 8am (or 7:30?) How long should we allow for eating and then be able to 'hit the rides'?

For 1900 Park Fare or Ohana, would you suggest taking the earliest PS, having breakfast, and then going on to MK.

As for Cape May, to which park is it the closest?

And, you've done so well with breakfast: (also posting this as a new thread) for a 'special' dinner, Artists Point, Citricos, Bistro de Paris, Jiko, Victoria & Alberts, Wolfgang Puck Upstairs, or others.

Thanks again!

When we go, we request the earliest seating (I think it was at 8am?) and we usually spend about an hour, then we go to a park that was not open for early entry.

Can't help you with the dinner choices..........you've picked really good ones! (we personally didn't like Jiko, but the facility is nice).

Gosh, sounds like you will have lots of fun! And make sure that your friends will have lots of fun, too:wave2:

I would also suggest Crystal Palace. We went there a few weeks ago (me, 24 and my parents both 54) and we all love it, it has become a must do every trip. We had an 8:10 PS and we were out of there just a few minutes before they were dropping the rope to Adventure Land. princess:

We usually do earliest seating and then to the park. Once in a while, especially on and Extra Magic Hour morning, we used to go straight to the park and then to the lastest available breakfast seating.

As for Cape May Cafe, it is at the BC and you can access both Epcot and MGM from the hotel.

Can't help with dinner......they are all good choices. I'll make it harder for you. Consider Le Cellier at Epcot. We love it.

Originally posted by 2ofUs
I love the disboards. You guys have given us 'food-for-thought' (sorry, couldn't resist).

Can you enlighten us as to the amount of TIME to allow for the breakfasts? At Crystal Palace, I think the earliest PS is 8am (or 7:30?) How long should we allow for eating and then be able to 'hit the rides'?
I'd suggest you allow about an hour for a character meal.

For 1900 Park Fare or Ohana, would you suggest taking the earliest PS, having breakfast, and then going on to MK.
Yes.

As for Cape May, to which park is it the closest?
EPCOT! It's a short 5 - 10 minute walk from Cape May to the International Gateway entrance.

Or you can take a boat to MGM - that's a very nice ride and takes about 20 minutes from BC/YC dock to the MGM dock. You could also boat over to EPCOT, but IMHO, it's just as long a walk to the BC/YC dock as it is to the IG.

Have a wonderful time - we're a 50+ couple and love spending time in Disney World.

Best wishes -

O'Hana gets my vote.....awesome breakfast, with Donalds not that far behind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter