Which day for Legoland?

koquinn

DIS Veteran
We're going to DLR from Sat-Sat, last week of Oct. LL is only open Sun, Mon, Thurs, and Fri. I don't think we want to go there 1st thing on Sun, although I could be talked into that since I know that's the busiest day at DLR. Any suggestions on which day is best? I need to get a rental car to get us there (as even the DLR CM told me that's the cheapest, most convenient option) and I want to book it now before prices go up more. We fly back home on Sat am so probably don't want to go on Fri either, as that would be our last day in the DL parks. Any advice would be great. I assume it'll be less about which days are super busy at LL and more about which days I should avoid in DLR?

On our last trip we went to LL mid-week. I think the only concern was the commuter traffic in the morning. You would be driving (most likely) during peak commute hours. I am from Seattle and the traffic we encountered was nothing like Seattle traffic. Meaning, we felt that the LA traffic wasn't an issue at all.

I would recommend you plan to go to LL on Thursday. You are right, you won't want to spend Friday (your last day) someplace other than DLR! I also wouldn't/couldnt go on Sunday as that is your first day! Monday will likely be lower crowds at DL so I would recommend taking advantage of that as well! By Thursday, sitting in a car for a couple of hours is going to feel amazing! One of my best memories of LL was the drive and being OFF my feet!;)

On the way down, try to hit Mollies Country Kitchen in Laguna Niguel for breakfast. You can look it up on Yelp and it is amazing!!

After LL, we drove into Carlsbad and had Mexican food at Las Olas. It was fine -- not the best Mexican food I have ever had but way better than anything you might get at LL! About a block or two from Los Olas are public acess stairs that will take you right down to the beach. The kids loved watching he surfers and the porpoises.
Lasolasmex.com

I would go mid week, and go on a Brick or Treat Night. It's included in your admission.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter