Which DVC resort for a 5 and 11 YO?

I would say Beach Club or Boardwalk....Beach Club has a great pool that they would enjoy. And Boardwalk has lots to walk around and see on the Boardwalk itself - the ESPN restaurant/bar has huge TV screens and a cute shop attached with lots of sport stuff. You can walk to the Boardwalk from the Beach Club Villas, and you can easily get to Epcot and MGM from either resort.

My vote would be for one of those two! :sunny:

Boardwalk and Beach Club are good choices although I'd go along with Beach Club because of SAB. The question to be asked is how much time will you be spending in the resort and is swimming high on the list of activities. I think the 5-year old will like any of the resorts but the 11-year may be more interesting. SSR is good with Donald and is near DTD so if you like to head over to DisneyQuest or such, it is very convenient. OKW's castle in the pool should interest the kids. And VWL, there is a lot of activities to do in that area including horseback riding. I think all the DVC resorts at WDW would fit your needs.

Although we haven't stayed at all of the DVC resorts, I think you can't go wrong with any of them. We did like SSR because the main pool had two different size slides. I know OKW only has one size and I don't know about the other ones. The roomy community room at SSR with playstation games was also a big hit for my 10 year old son and 11 and 5 year old daughters.

Here is my question: Why do you ask and when are you going?

The reason, if you are asking because you want to purchase, your kids will not be 5 and 11 for long.

If you are asking because you want to rent or pick a place to stay, when are you going becomes important. There are no rooms anywhere for several nights early December, availability is limited for certain types of rooms at other resorts if you are looking near term, so getting your heart set on a resort when your choices may be severely limited may be setting yourself up for disappointment. If you are planning a year out, no problem.

:earsboy: With two boys, my vote would be VWL. The decor definitely brings out the little boy in me. They might get a kick out of the geyser that goes off every hour. It's a short boat ride to Fort Wilderness where they have the nightly camp fire and movie, and also to the MK. Whispering Canyon is a great place for kids to eat. You can't go wrong with any of the resorts though. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter