which epcot pavilions are your favorite/least favorite?

marielynn724

DIS Veteran
I just posted in the tread about which new country pavilions should be added to epcot and it got me wondering about which pavilions are the most popular. my personal favorites are morocco, mexico, and germany. i think the germany pavilion is cute as a button and the food is so good. in mexico and morocco i love all of the colors, the atmosphere, and the amazing shopping.

i also like the shopping in japan.

my least favorite is canada. i just think it's boring. also i went to paris last year and the france pavilion just doesnt live up to the original.

all of the other pavilions in my opinion rank somewhere in the middle.

what do you DISers think??

Least favorite is Mexico. The ride doesn't do anything for me other than a cool rest. Natives hawking wares from the sidewalk or market doesn't entice. I do like the ambiance of the 'indoor' evening dining.

Most favorites are Germany, England and France. I like the way these invite you in and immerse you in the architecture and flavor. The shops, entertainment, restaurants.

As a side note, the China movie enticed us to visit the country. We spent 2 and a half weeks there back in '89. Wonderful! Thanks Epcot!

Canada bores me.

I love shopping in Japan and China, eating in France, Fish and Chips in the UK but my favorite? Norway. I have very fond memories and great pics from Norway.

I'm one of those ridiculous people who, for no reason known to man, absolutely loves the boat ride in Mexico. Maybe it's genetic. My mother worships It's A Small World (which I can't stand), so maybe my version of that particular anomoly is loving the Mexican boat ride.

Canada kinda bores me (aside from the fish & chips and drinking at The Rose & Crown).

I'm one of those ridiculous people who, for no reason known to man, absolutely loves the boat ride in Mexico. Maybe it's genetic. My mother worships It's A Small World (which I can't stand), so maybe my version of that particular anomoly is loving the Mexican boat ride.

Canada kinda bores me (aside from the fish & chips and drinking at The Rose & Crown).

i love the boat ride in mexico too! or at least, how it was back in 2003. i haven't seen it since it got updated.

I enjoyed all of them of course. :goodvibes

But my favorites had to be Mexico (love the ride!), Norway ONLY for the Maelstrom....we have some funny memories from that, and France. I don't know why, the atmosphere of that one I loved.

OH and the UK too. I think that one does the best job in getting you completely immersed in the feeling of the country.

... that's not canada, that's the uk.

Most favorites are Germany, England and France.

As a note it is the UK pavilion. (The architecture is that found in Edinburgh, Scotland, as well as in London in England>)

The UK is the name given to the Union of 4 nations: Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland. :)

Britain is Scotland, England and Wales (not Northern Ireland).

Here are my rankings, out of 10

Canada: 8/10
UK: 9/10
France: 8.5/10
Morocco: 10/10
Japan: 10/10
USA: 7.5/10
Italy: 7/10
Germany: 8/10
China: 10/10
Norway: 9.5/10
Mexico: 10/10

*Side note, I have been to Mexico twice, and the pavilion reminds me very much of the real thing*

I don't know if I can pick a least favorite.. but favorites are

UK: Love that little garden area in the back
Mexico: Volcano, the ride, the little shops, the night sky, so much to love!
Norway: Love Kringla and grass roof.. and of course maelstrom
France: Love the bakery.. very cute (I know the OP said they didn't like it because they had been to the real deal and found the pavilion disappointing.. I was in Paris 2 summers ago and thought that the France pavilion was very nice and had the same feeling as Paris did.. not the same.. just the feeling.. and that they all know english in epcot really helps too.. and I did find the pavilion to be a great deal cleaner than Paris too)
Canada: I know its not getting a lot of love here but I love it personally! Le cellier is amazing and I love that that little rock area is kind of hidden back there.. if you didnt explore further you could walk right past it.. I love that!

if I absolutely HAD to pick a least fav I'd have to say America (even though its my native land).. I love the singers and American Adventure but thats the only thing I do there.. I never find myself walking around it like the other pavilions and finding neat little areas..

Favorite-Japan, I love the dining, the shopping, the candy lady, and Kaki Gori's.

Least Favorite-Canada, not much to do there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter