Which for Christmas spirit - OKW or BWV?

A1A1

DIS Veteran
Going to stay for a week at Christmas time. Which of these two has more Christmas decorations or activities?

Since joining DVC in '97, we have made it a tradition to spend a long weekend at WDW the 1st or 2nd weekend of December.

In '97, '98, and '99, we stayed at BWV; '00 at OKW - bringing different friends/family wih us each time and always doing the CP.

As much as I love OKW - BWV "has it" for Christmas. There's just something about that resort and cold weather! And the decorations are gorgeous!

I have to admit - we <i>did</i> enjoy having the added space of a 2BR at OKW last year for just a few more points than we had spent at BWV the previous years - but I did miss it!

BWV in December is the hot ticket, now - so be sure to get in at 11 months, if you can.

But, if you go with OKW, be sure to bring your Christmas lights - as many of us decorate our balconies - it makes for a nice "community feel" as you drive through the resort!!

HTH
- Beth

It would be hard to beat the decorations, atmosphere, and activities in the BWV/YC/BC area at Christmas. For a relaxed family Christmas with a down home feel, OKW would seem to be the better bet.

BWV hands down. The docorations, the added ambiance and atmosphere.
It's wonderful at Christmas time.

it was not one of your choices - but VWL - WL is beautiful during the Christmas season -

.....the added space of a 2BR at OKW last year for just a few more points than we had spent at BWV the previous years..

Actually, a 2BR at OKW is exactly the same point cost as a standard view 2BR at BWV and is fewer points than a preferred view at BWV.

Both resorts are beautiful during the Holidays, but BWV does have more opportunity for decoration since there are interior areas. OKW certainly is festive with many guests decorating their windows and balconies.

My favorite resort for Christmas decor is WL. The looby is spectacular with the huge tree and other decoration.

You can't go wrong for Holiday spirit at WDW.

Enjoy!

Sorry, Doc - I didn't clarify.

While staying at BWV - we had a 1BR preferred view - the few extra points to get a 2BR at OKW was well worth it!

Thanks for your opinions! Just another one in the mix:

I was also considering French Quarter if I couldn't get BWV. How would you compare all the options for Christmas, including this one?

P.S. I'm on the waiting list for BWV. What are the chances for a studio for week prior to Christmas.

I was also considering French Quarter if I couldn't get BWV. How would you compare all the options for Christmas, including this one?

If available, I would try to get a room at ANY DVC resort before a point reservation at PO. If you can get a cash ressie as a backup, while waiting for the wait list to come thru, that would be a good idea also. I'd sure ask about OKW or VWL in addition to BWV.

Good Luck! (The wait list will likely come thru also!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter