• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which housekeeping service do we want?

TeamSy

DIS Veteran
We rented points for our upcoming stay and want to come back to a clean room each day. It seems like there are a couple of different options to choose from and I'm trying to determine which is right for us?

We're looking for:
- Removal of trash
- Clean towels daily
- Bed made (not necessarily new linens, but just a made bed)
- Replenishment of soaps as needed (on a separate note, do they have body wash or just bar soap?)
- Replenishment of toilet paper as needed

I'm thinking this puts us in the full clean category for $30 per day for a studio because of making the bed, right?

Ah, also one more question - if we do the full clean, can we ask for extra towels without being charged for an extra towel package?

We rented points for our upcoming stay and want to come back to a clean room each day. It seems like there are a couple of different options to choose from and I'm trying to determine which is right for us?

We're looking for:
- Removal of trash
- Clean towels daily
- Replenishment of soaps as needed (on a separate note, do they have body wash or just bar soap?)

I'm thinking this puts us in the full clean category for $30 per day for a studio because of making the bed, right?

Ah, also one more question - if we do the full clean, can we ask for extra towels without being charged for an extra towel package?

With Trash & Towel service, Housekeeping will:

Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins.
Provide fresh bathroom linens.
Replace bath amenities as needed.
Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper.
Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners.

Trash & Towel Service for Deluxe Studio - $15 per day requested

With Full-Cleaning service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:

Change the bed linens.
Vacuum and dust the vacation villa.
Clean the bathroom(s).
Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes.

Full Cleaning Service for Deluxe Studio - $30 per day requested

If you want them to make the bed, you need to get full cleaning. They will replace the 4 towel sets with trash & towel. If you want more than 4 sets, you need to buy a towel package.

With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities free of charge at the start of your stay. After that, you may purchase more amenities for the following fees (fees are subject to change):

Toiletries Package, $5 - 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
Coffee Package, $3 - 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
Towel Package, $6 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom Vacation Homes), $1 - 1 box

We're looking for:
- Removal of trash
- Clean towels daily

If you want more than four bath towels and your bed made every day, you'll need full clean AND a towel pack. You can't just ask for extra towels. You get what you get because you booked a timeshare and members pay for everything they get.

But really, a daily full cleaning is really overkill. It's not all that hard to make the bed in the morning and not be disturbed each day by the housekeepers.

If you want more than four bath towels and your bed made every day, you'll need full clean AND a towel pack. You can't just ask for extra towels. You get what you get because you booked a timeshare and members pay for everything they get.

But really, a daily full cleaning is really overkill. It's not all that hard to make the bed in the morning and not be disturbed each day by the housekeepers.

Frankly I don't like the housekeeping package either.

Part of the allure of DVC to me is I do NOT want housekeepers in my room more than they need to be. We make our beds as we step out of bed, literally takes 60 seconds tops. I wash our towels if needed with our laundry. If we're running low on TP all it takes is a call to housekeeping and they bring more than we need right up. I can't tell you the last time we finished off the soap they gave us (despite the H2O name, that stuff they supply is horrible for the skin and hands anyway)

...And it's SO nice not to have to wait for a housekeeper to show up or to leave.

That said, I do like turn down service, which I miss, but you won't get with the housekeeping package :)

I dont see the advantage of this unless you have a large group and the mess is just too much for you.

Frankly I don't like the housekeeping package either. Part of the allure of DVC to me is I do NOT want housekeepers in my room more than they need to be. We make our beds as we step out of bed, literally takes 60 seconds tops. I wash our towels if needed with our laundry. If we're running low on TP all it takes is a call to housekeeping and they bring more than we need right up. I can't tell you the last time we finished off the soap they gave us (despite the H2O name, that stuff they supply is horrible for the skin and hands anyway) ...And it's SO nice not to have to wait for a housekeeper to show up or to leave. That said, I do like turn down service, which I miss, but you won't get with the housekeeping package :)

I get that it's a timeshare resort, so it's a little different than a regular hotel, but why would I have to wait for housekeeping to show up or to leave? Won't they just come in on their own while we're at the parks?

I appreciate all the replies, but housekeeping is a must have for us. To each their own I guess :).

Thanks for the info on the towels, though! The extra towel package is definitely not needed if they provide four bath towels, wasn't sure what they gave for a studio. We'll just go with the full clean then for $30. We saved a ton by renting points, so this is perfect. Thanks again!

I appreciate all the replies, but housekeeping is a must have for us. To each their own I guess :).
Very true, seems like a waste. Even when we stay at hotels we will bypass housekeeping some days, just so as to not have a random.ee in with our things.

Don't knock no housekeeping till you try it!

Seriously though, you really should try DVC the way it is set up with minimal housekeeping. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I get that it's a timeshare resort, so it's a little different than a regular hotel, but why would I have to wait for housekeeping to show up or to leave? Won't they just come in on their own while we're at the parks?

Thanks for the info on the towels, though! The extra towel package is definitely not needed if they provide four bath towels, wasn't sure what they gave for a studio. We'll just go with the full clean then for $30. We saved a ton by renting points, so this is perfect. Thanks again!

I guess I've just had too many bad experiences with housekeepers not showing up until after 5pm, or with returning to our room, hoping to relax from all the walking around the park only to find a housekeeper in there taking her break/using the facilities/only just started with the cleaning, and having to find something to do with ourselves for the next 30-45 minutes while she finishes up. (depends on your room size, and what she's up to as to how long it'll take) This has happened WAY too often for us at Disney: Cabins, POR, CR, WL main, VWL when we went through Disney... basically, every trip with housekeeping it happened at least once.

As was recently quoted to me: Ain't nobody got time for that.

Staying DVC, we have everything we need (vacuum, washer/drier) and a button on the room phone to call housekeeping/maintenance to press if things are not up to standards. I'm a happy camper without the intrusion. :goodvibes

We have paid for housekeeping a couple times. We did the full clean because like you said, we wanted beds made, new towels, and trash removed. Yes, I could throw the towels in the washer before we leave for the day, take the trash to the trash room on the way out, and make the beds, but that's not the point. The point is I'm on vacation. I don't want to deal with taking trash out and doing laundry (although we always end up having to with 4 kids) on vacation. When housekeeping came they also cleaned the kitchen including loading and running the dishwasher. To me, it was worth it. Do what's best for your family.

OP, just want to make sure you know it's easy to take out the trash yourself. There are trash rooms where you can leave your trash. (Location depends on which resort you're in.) There are extra trash bags in the bottom of the waste baskets in the villas. If you run out, you can call Mousekeeping and they will bring you more.

I'm okay with taking out my own trash. Actually, I like the option. Sometimes you eat something in your room and don't want the smelly trash sitting there all night. And some people have babies with diapers.

I can make my own bed. I don't need the room or bathroom cleaned daily.

But I don't like having to wash my own towels.

Obviously, everybody has his/her own feelings about doing this stuff versus paying someone else to do it. As PP said, do what's best for your family.

I was adamant that when we bought we would pay for extra housekeeping, we rented points and stayed this past September, we really didn't miss it at all, the ONLY thing I even noticed was that I had to make my own bed, nothing else mattered nor was needed. We are just a couple and we don't really cook in the villa (other than a slice of toast for breakfast). Pay as you go and see how you find it, 30 is a lot of disney merchandise to bring back with you ;)

Oh no -staying in an AKL kidani villa for the first time this summer. We are 6 people in a 2 bedroom. I was also liking not having housekeeping come in every day as we too have returned from parks to take a break only to have housekeeping in the room. But I didn,t know we couldn't just request extra towels. We will have 2 16 yrold & a 24 yr old girls with lonnnnggggg hair (one can rival repunzle-no joke. :lmao:). And each will use 2 towels every time they shower. One for body, one for hair.). I don't mind washing them -just want to make sure we have enough. I know there are 3 bathrooms. Anyone have any idea how many towels there are in the villa? If there aren't enough can I just buy a towel pkg when I get there or do I have to order it prior to arriving?

Oh no -staying in an AKL kidani villa for the first time this summer. We are 6 people in a 2 bedroom. I was also liking not having housekeeping come in every day as we too have returned from parks to take a break only to have housekeeping in the room. But I didn,t know we couldn't just request extra towels. We will have 2 16 yrold & a 24 yr old girls with lonnnnggggg hair (one can rival repunzle-no joke. :lmao:). And each will use 2 towels every time they shower. One for body, one for hair.). I don't mind washing them -just want to make sure we have enough. I know there are 3 bathrooms. Anyone have any idea how many towels there are in the villa? If there aren't enough can I just buy a towel pkg when I get there or do I have to order it prior to arriving?

We stayed in a THV with just 4 of us but had 9 sets of towels. Since AKV also hold 9 in a 2bdrm, you should have 9 sets of towels. You should be good!

Curious as to what those of you in studios do about towels? Do you hassle with washing them yourself in the laundry room or do you just reuse them each day? I don't even reuse my towels at home so to reuse them on vacation seems primitive to me.

Curious as to what those of you in studios do about towels? Do you hassle with washing them yourself in the laundry room or do you just reuse them each day? I don't even reuse my towels at home so to reuse them on vacation seems primitive to me.

Reuse towels at home, reuse on vacation. I usually bring colored washcloths from home.

Primative = "a person belonging to a preliterate, nonindustrial society or culture."

You might want to reword that so it doesn't sound like an attack... there are those of us who believe reuse of clean towels helps to save water, electricity and prevents pollution. Those of us who conserve are quite the opposite of "primitive".

And to answer your question about what we do with our towels: we toss them in with the normal washing. Certainly we don't wear dirty clothing. That would be primitive.

DebbieB-I really like that idea of the colored washcloths. This way everyone knows whos is whos & they don't take up much room in the suitcases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter