• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which housekeeping service do we want?

Primative = "a person belonging to a preliterate, nonindustrial society or culture."

You might want to reword that so it doesn't sound like an attack... there are those of us who believe reuse of clean towels helps to save water, electricity and prevents pollution. Those of us who conserve are quite the opposite of "primitive".

And to answer your question about what we do with our towels: we toss them in with the normal washing. Certainly we don't wear dirty clothing. That would be primitive.

Go easy. I don't mean primitive as in cavemen, I meant primitive in the sense that you're staying at a deluxe resort, not camping or "going without" so to speak, so to reuse towels just seems kind of anti-deluxe to me. To each his own.

Good call about bringing colored wash cloths. That would be the one I wouldn't want to reuse and they are certainly easy enough to pack.

Go easy. I don't mean primitive as in cavemen, I meant primitive in the sense that you're staying at a deluxe resort, not camping or "going without" so to speak, so to reuse towels just seems kind of anti-deluxe to me. To each his own.

Good call about bringing colored wash cloths. That would be the one I wouldn't want to reuse and they are certainly easy enough to pack.

But the GF deluxe is not the same as timeshare GFV deluxe. Timeshares don't tend to be "deluxe" like that.

Curious as to what those of you in studios do about towels? Do you hassle with washing them yourself in the laundry room or do you just reuse them each day? I don't even reuse my towels at home so to reuse them on vacation seems primitive to me.

Sounds like you would be a good candidate for the $6 towel package, or several rather. If reusing a towel is to primitive to you, then certainly doing your own laundry on vacation would be way below your 'deluxe non primitive' standards.

We LOVE not having housekeeping come every day - feels like home (where they NEVER come because we don't HAVE a cleaning service).:rotfl: I really like not having to worry about "picking up and locking up" before we head out to the parks every morning. Nice to know that nobody will be looking at my mess & my stuff except on T & T day.

RE: towels - we also reuse at home so not a bother at all to reuse on vacation. I am not one to do laundry on vacation but I'm of the camp that the towel was only used to dry off my CLEAN body after my shower so it doesn't give me the willies to re-use it for a few days. We just assign a spot to everyone to hang their towels so we know which one belongs to who.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter