Which is better?

lovethattink

TPAS Moderator
I called for resort room and got AP rate of $89/night plus tax. We have a DDE card. Is it better to go with this and get the 20% off dining? Or is it better to book with the Florida Resident MYW and free dining, we don't need the passes, but I saw we could just get a 1 day MYW pass? Can we give the MYW pass to someone else, or are they nontransferable?

Thanks!

Would depend on how much you eat. My DD's and I usually snack during the day and have a big dinner so the cheaper room would be the better choice for us, but if you want eat 3 meals a day the free dining would probably be your best choice.

Yep it really depends on how much you eat. I think when I called about it for us 2 adults and 2 kids it was 50 bucks less with the package but I didn't really take into account the 20% discount because that is just so hard to guage.

We decided to keep our AP room rate and use the DDE because the difference honestly was to close to even really make any difference.

lovethattink said:
I called for resort room and got AP rate of $89/night plus tax. We have a DDE card. Is it better to go with this and get the 20% off dining? Or is it better to book with the Florida Resident MYW and free dining, we don't need the passes, but I saw we could just get a 1 day MYW pass? Can we give the MYW pass to someone else, or are they nontransferable?

Thanks!

Yuou can hold onto your pass until it's time to renew your AP then apply that towards the purchase of the new AP. The pass will stay good as long as it's not used. So you're really not wasting the tix money- just consider it a downpayment on your next AP with the perk of free dining. It's like when you put down a $10 deposit on a new video game & they give you a gift card. In this case the "deposit" is for your next AP & the "gift card" is free food for the duration of your stay. At the Values the AP discount is only worth $18 a day. Can your whole family eat for $18 dollars a day? I doubt it. Even at a moderate...it's a $40 or $45 AP savings. Still can you feed your entire family for $45 a day....not each but TOTAL. I'mnot even factoring in the price of the tix because you get to use them later on.

We have AP's and we are doing this package because it will allow us to eat at places we never would eat because of our budget. I even switched from WL to Pop/POFQ so the price would stay about the same. If we just went to the values I'd come out $300 ahead PLUS free food! What a deal!!

Even factoring in the 1 day each of MYW tix, it's still a great deal for us. And it will be great when saving up spending money that I don't really have to budget for food. And any food I eat in the food court that is not on the MYW plan will be discounted 20% with my DDE card.

Elise

I cancelled my cast discounted room and rebooked the package because the savings is HUGE. It's for 4 kids (2 over 18 and 2 just under 18) so 4 adult diners. The total for 9 nights at Pop is $1028. The cost of the CM room would've been $443 which leaves $585. Once you subtract the 4 1-day tickets (which we plan to use a couple then and use a couple to upgrade in the future--One has an AP, one has a 10 day, and the others are using leftovers and comp tickets). This leaves me with paying just an extra $330. That is $330 for dining for NINE DAYS. I did the math and if they eat (let's say LeCellier, a counter and a snack), their first day the total could come to $300 easy. So that means that the next 8 days of meals would be free. Of course, we plan to do this a little different since we have several other family members staying elsewhere and the package did not work for us (staying at the CR for 50% off), so we ALL plan to use the credits. That would be 36 sit down credits, 36 counter service, and 36 snacks. With a family of 8, we will be able to use them nicely. Plan to buy the only kid, children's meals and use the credits for adults. Plus we have a lifetime weight watcher member going and she will just graze off of the extra food, so that would only be 6 adults. So every meal will be some using credits and some using money, plus a CM discount on the bill where we are paying cash. This is great and the first time we've ever booked a package, but the real savings is if you are staying at the value resorts as one of our groups had originally planned to stay. The groups staying at CR had no intention of changing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter