Which mode of transport to Disney Springs from SSR?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
For all those who stay at SSR, which mode of transportation do you use to get to Disney Springs if you do not walk? The boat or the bus? Which one do you prefer and why? The boat drops you off at the Landing dock while the bus drops off at the bus stop, right? For someone who prefers the area of the Marketplace the most, which should I use?

Walk, bus or boat. Take your choice. There is no bus stop at the Marketplace any more. So you are probably equidistant from either the bus or the boat. But walking would put you closer to the Marketplace.

Walk, bus or boat. Take your choice. There is no bus stop at the Marketplace any more. So you are probably equidistant from either the bus or the boat. But walking would put you closer to the Marketplace.
True, but I am going to try to get in the Grandstand section, so I am thinking that would be one heck of a walk, correct?

It has been a while since we have not walked from Saratoga but I believe if you take the boat it drops you off next to the boathouse. (The place with the car boats...I believe it's called the boathouse).

Ok, so the boat drops you off at the West Side now and then you take another boat from there to the Market Place dock, if the Market Place is your destination?

No. The boathouse is in the landing section of Disney Springs. (The dock entrance/exit is between the boathouse and Paridisio 37- I think that's what it's called) When you exit the boat dock you go left (towards the boathouse) and after a short walk you end up in front of T-Rex. That is one end of the market place section. You can either continue on past the Lego store and the start of World of Disney store from there or you can take the bridge that is kinda across from T-Rex and that takes you to the other end of the market place section of Disney Springs...down near rainforest Cafe and Earl of Sandwich. This end is also the section you hit first when you walk over from Saratoga springs.

No. The boathouse is in the landing section of Disney Springs. (The dock entrance/exit is between the boathouse and Paridisio 37- I think that's what it's called) When you exit the boat dock you go left (towards the boathouse) and after a short walk you end up in front of T-Rex. That is one end of the market place section. You can either continue on past the Lego store and the start of World of Disney store from there or you can take the bridge that is kinda across from T-Rex and that takes you to the other end of the market place section of Disney Springs...down near rainforest Cafe and Earl of Sandwich. This end is also the section you hit first when you walk over from Saratoga springs.
OK, so it goes to the Landing section then. I have just read both so I wan't sure.

I thought the boats from resorts go to the Westside or Market Place docks and to get to the Landing dock you have to take another boat that just goes between the three docks. I can't remember the different flag colors.

I thought the boats from resorts go to the Westside or Market Place docks and to get to the Landing dock you have to take another boat that just goes between the three docks. I can't remember the different flag colors.
:rotfl::rotfl:I don't know. I will get it figured out for sure before I get down there.

We were "delivered" to the Landing when we took the boat . The other times we walked.

We were in Congress Park, so we walked to Marketplace several times, but took the boat one day to the Landing to eat at Paradiso 37....which was right there.

There was a different boat that ran from the landing to the west side to marketplace. (In that order)

Here is the DISboards information on the Water Taxis at Disney Springs:
Disney Springs

Transporation is offered daily from 10:30 a.m.-11:30 p.m., every 20 minutes.

• Yellow route - Sassagoula River Cruise goes to and from Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside from the Marketplace Dock.
  • Green route - services The Landing to and from Old Key West.
  • Blue route - services The Landing to and from Saratoga Springs Resort
  • Red route - Disney Springs Water Taxi at the West Side Dock, The Landing Dock and the Marketplace Dock. Route is West Side, Marketplace, and The Landing. This route is open until 1:00 a.m.
So it looks like SSR's boat (Blue Flag) goes to the Landing.

However, if you are staying in the Paddock or Congress Park, I would just walk over via the Market Place Dock/bridge and the bridge through Crystal Lake.

SSR Bridge to DS 2016-01-16 at 11.16.00 AM.png

Last edited:
We never miss an opportunity to ride the boat. Very relaxing and great scenery especially at night.

One thing to note is that the boats stop running around 11:00 pm. You may need a bus if you're hanging out late. The boats also get shut down in Thunderstorms, so again the bus is a backup plan.

We always prefer the boats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter