Which park to best use GAD FP?

Melissa R

DIS Veteran
All four of us got GAD vouchers. The kids and I used ours on a one day ticket earlier this summer, but my husband still has his. We are headed to WDW the week of Labor Day and have a vacation package, so we are going to use his voucher for the FP.

Which park should we plan to use it in to get the most out of it?

Also, I can't seem to find the thread that explains all the ins and outs of the GAD FP. Wasn't it a sticky in this forum?

We used ours at MK and DHS. It really depends on your travel party and what you want to do. I would say DHS would be one of the more popular choices b/c you can get on TSM without waiting or getting there at RD. We used ours to ride TSM 3 times in a row, used our regular tickets to get FP for RnR (twice) and ToT. Our Daisy credits we used for Star Tours, while the line normally doesn't get too long it was nice to be able to walk right up and get on with no wait and during Star Wars Weekends when we were there the line hovered between 20-40 minutes each time. We rode twice and gave our third FP for Star Tours away to another family.

The time you are going is traditionally pretty slow so TSM would have the longest lines you encounter. Good use of FP and showing up early or at RD you will be able to hit all the other e-ticket attractions with little to no waits.

The GAD FP info page by doconeill can be found here.

I plan on using mine at DHS. We'll be going to DHS on our arrival day and so won't get to the park before 4 (and I'm being optimistic) on 8/14. There will also be the Last Tour to Endor party going on that night PLUS TSMM will be closing down for refurb on 8/16. I'm thinking the park will be pretty busy. It'll be nice to be able to stroll right on to TSMM 3 times in a row! I didn't realize Star Tours was on the Daisy list so, yes, we'll be walking right on to Star Tours as well. :thumbsup2

I'm hoping DS will use his GAD voucher on one of our MK days.

For sheer number of choices for your credits, MK is the best. For actual time saved, DHS is best if you are a fan of TSM. We used all three Donald credits at TSM, which saved hours of waiting. We didn't use any Daisy credits at DHS.

Another perspective on the reccomendations to use at DHS. The relatively small size of DHS and the close proximity of the rides made me choose NOT to use one of our three GAD vouchers there.
We used our three vouchers at the other three parks and we did the a.m. run to TSM at DHS and rode it in the regular line. Then pulled a FP as soon as we got off (return time was in the afternoon already) but that was ok, because we headed over to ToT and RnR - since everyone was still charging through the gate to TSM these weren't too bad yet.
So - some factors to consider when chosing between the other three:
Epoct - there is no way to quickly move between Soarin and TestTrack and they both get mobbed so quickly.
Magic Kingdom gives the most variety for your voucher.
Animal Kingdom - the distance between Everest and Safari.
We hardly found a need for the Daisy vouchers. Most of those rides were walk-on or short wait, so make your decision based on the Donald rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter