• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which resort? ASMo vs Pop

prashidzada

Earning My Ears
Thoughts on All-Star Movies vs Pop Century with a 10-month-old? I personally have not stayed at either. Any difference in room size? All-Star Movies is going to be a "Preferred Room" (not sure what that means) and Pop is a standard room. My only thing is that Pop has the Skyliner

Also, I'm reading multiple posts my members mentioning they made requests for certain rooms/buildings..How do I go about making those same requests? And any recs on requests for these two resorts? Thank you!

I've stayed at both...they both have cute, colorful theming and would be good for young kids. Rooms are very similar in size and layout. Preferred rooms are just closer to the main dining/lobby area. No difference in the rooms themselves. Personally I would choose Pop for the Skyliner. It really is a game changer in not having to bus to 2 parks, plus it opens up easy access to dining at CBR, Riviera, and the Epcot resorts.

Thoughts on All-Star Movies vs Pop Century with a 10-month-old? I personally have not stayed at either. Any difference in room size? All-Star Movies is going to be a "Preferred Room" (not sure what that means) and Pop is a standard room. My only thing is that Pop has the Skyliner

Also, I'm reading multiple posts my members mentioning they made requests for certain rooms/buildings..How do I go about making those same requests? And any recs on requests for these two resorts? Thank you!
It depends on the time of year you are traveling. In the summer and early fall when it storms every day, the Skyliner is shut down a lot and you have to ride a bus anyway. So you lose the transportation benefit probably 50% or more of the time. If you are traveling in the winter or spring, then the Skyliner is much more dependable. You do not have to fold a stroller up for the Skyliner like you do for the buses, which will be easier on you as well. You will still have to ride a bus everywhere other than DHS and Epcot when staying at Pop.

Other than the Skyliner, I have stayed at all three All Stars and at Pop and the experience is virtually the same. You do pay a premium for Pop, and discounted rooms book up faster there as a result. Preferred rooms are closer to transportation and dining than standard rooms, otherwise they are identical in size and layout. I always book standard when available to save a little money. As far as room requests, you can call and add those to your reservation after booking, but keep in mind there are no guarantees. Keep requests simple, and no more than one or two to have the best chance of getting them fulfilled.

My advice then is if traveling in summer or early fall, pick the room that saves you the most money. If traveling in winter or spring, and your budget allows, book Pop for the Skyliner.

Check out Touring Plans room finder and enter the type of room you book. The preferred rooms are in buildings close to the food court or at Pop, the Skyliner station. If you just look at a map, you may be requesting a room that is not in the same category and it's not likely you will get it. People book standard rooms and then request one of the buildings that are preferred, they are disappointed at check in and think their request was ignored. I would stay at Pop if you plan to visit DHS and Epcot, the Skyliner is easier with a stroller. You won't have to close it up like you have to on the busses (FL law).

I have stayed at All Star music and I stayed at Pop multiple times. Pop century really is better. I think both are very appealing to kids. But pop century to me is just higher quality? I don't mind the All-Stars but they just feel cheaper in every respect and of course they are cheaper. Money-wise. But it's a perfectly good experience regardless.

Go with Pop. Skyliner vs shared buses tip the scales. Newer, nicer rooms. Just an all around better experience.

The rooms at All Star Movies have been refurbished and are the same as POP. We have stayed at both in the past year. Never shared a bus at Movies. If you consider the Skyliner a perk then you probably should stay at POP. If the Skyliner is down then you will still use a bus and will have paid more money.

If money is no issue, stay at POP. We love the skyliner! All Stars are nice, too, but only bus transport.

We've stayed at both multiple times and the main difference for us is just the skyliner. The rooms are identical, but more recently remodeled at the all stars than POP. We've been to POP 3x this year, All Star Music 1x with All Star Sports coming up in Dec. and Jan. We chose those to save money this go around since we go so often. Can't beat 122 night for preferred in Jan!

When are you going? If it's not durinf the super rainy months; I would 100% do Pop just for the use of the skyliner with the baby/stroller. You'll be able to roll right on for 2 parks which is big to me. IMO the skyliner resort is not much of a benefit in the really rainy months due to the frequency of it going down and the TOTAL HEADACHE it is when it does.

If Pop didn't have the skyliner: I'd say ASMo as we prefer it over Pop, but they're basically the same rooms, different decor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter