Which resort for a no park vacation

For this length of time, I would look at a split stay between SSR and a Boardwalk resort. SSR because of the reasons the others listed above. I like being able to go to DS and hop on a bus to any of the other resorts. BW because of the Boardwalk area and the proximity to Fantasia Gardens mini-golf. If you are not a fan of SSR, I would recommend one of the monorail resorts. Then you have easy access to all of those resorts.

I could also get on board with the "rent your points and go on a disney cruise" option. :boat:

Can't DVC points be used to book cruises?

You can, but it is not considered a great use of points. Points go much further at DVC properties. Aulani, Vero Beach and Hilton Head are all great options for using points if OP isn’t looking to go to WDW or Disneyland.

For a Disney cruise, most suggest renting your points out and using the cash to book the cruise.

I'll echo many of the thoughts above - a split stay between AKL and Saratoga Springs (or OKW).
Of rent your points and use the cash for some other adventure - especially a Disney Cruise!

I'll suggest 3 choices and the reason for each. Grand Floridian-most romantic and adult oriented and on the monorail. Poly for the same reasons (close tie with GF). Wilderness Lodge because of proximity to Ft. Wilderness where's there's lots of non park stuff to do and things to do on Bay Lake.

I would stay at Riviera if you can get a reservation. Why:
It's DVC
It will be relatively new
By next May, the Skyliner will have been operating for a number of months
Skyliner gives you access to Epcot, DHS, Boardwalk area, Pop, AoA.

Split Stay, GF Villas for access to monorail hotels and restaurants and FW. Epcot area YC for access to Disney Springs, Boardwalk, World Showcase, etc

Last edited:
Split Stay, GF Villas for access to monorail hotels and restaurants and FW. Riviera resort for access to Disney Springs etc.
Sorry, I'm confused. Riviera is at Caribbean Beach which currently offers only bus access to anywhere. Once the Skyliner is up and running, Riviera will have easy access to Epcot, DHS, Pop, and AoA. I can't figure out how it would have special enough access to Disney Springs :confused3

Sorry, I'm confused. Riviera is at Caribbean Beach which currently offers only bus access to anywhere. Once the Skyliner is up and running, Riviera will have easy access to Epcot, DHS, Pop, and AoA. I can't figure out how it would have special enough access to Disney Springs :confused3

Sorry I edited my post anyway! I kept changing my reply.

For a ten day stay I will suggest splitting the time between an Epcot resort and a monorail resort. DW and I are fans of the Boardwalk and are still looking forward to a stay at a monorail resort some day.

Definitely AKL. It's like it's own little destination and far enough from the parks that you won't feel super tempted to just go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter