Which resort should we stay at?

Tulip

Daisy is my favourite character. Guess I got a thi
DH and I have been to DisneyWorld together once. My 7th time and his 2nd, all previous visits were off site. We stayed at the All Star Sports (Baseball) in November 2000. We're looking to go back February 2004 and we would like to stay at a Moderate resort this time. Which one would you recommend? We have no kids and tranportation is not an issue, we always rent a car. :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Hi!

I think the Caribbean Beach resort is the best of the mods......I have not stayed at Port Orleans, though, so this is just based on staying at CBR and CSR.

The rooms at CBR are the largest of all the mods and have recently been refurbished. The only downside to this resort that I can see is just that it is VERY big. But if transportaion is not an issue for you, then I would say go for CBR.

It's very tropical and I love the steel drum music they played when I was there. It really makes you feel like you've escaped! POR is probably nice as well. It's like these big old mansions and that could be very romantic. We're actually planning to stay at POR in October 2003. But I'd go to CBR before POR. JMHO!

I hope this helps a little!!!!

Have fun planning!

We have stayed at POFQ and CBR. Between the two of them I preferred POFQ. Mainly because we didn't like the food court at CBR at ALL!!! We thought it was small and VERY poorly laid out. The size of the resort didn't matter too much since we were in the farthest spot at POFQ, and had to walk a ways to get anywhere.. so our spot there vs. CBR was comparable.

POFQ also has really nice grounds. The CBR did, but it wasn't the same somehow. Of the two I would choose POFQ.

As for CSR, we have heard good things and bad things. However, we have not stayed there. We chose POR to stay at in a few weeks based on the grounds and how pretty it looked.

Caribbean Beach is my favorite moderate. It was just renovated and it's just like new! ;) My second choice would be POR.

Have a great trip! ;)

It would be a toss up between PO-R and CBR.

PO-R has the boat to DTD, which is a great plus! Also, the landscaping and theming is absolutely beautiful.

However, the rooms at CBR are a bit bigger, newly refurbished, and of course, there is the matter of the wonderful pool bar, the Banana Cabana!

Gee, such a dilemma!:D

We loved PO-FQ!! Very intimate compared to the other mods. walking the grounds is fun and relaxing. The "streetlights"
down the sidewalks lit up at night is very romantic. We found the resort very quiet too. Nice after a crazy day at the parks.

I happen to love POR.

Would you like a great food court - then POR

Would you like a great pool - then CRS

Would you like to see the fireworks from Epcot (only the high ones) - the CRB.

Would you a fake New Orleans - then POFQ

POR also has a great arcade, a fishing hole, 5 quiet pools plus the main one (like an old swimming hole - but a lot fancier). POR and POFQ also have a boat that goes to DD (this is free to their guests) - It can also be romantic at night. POFQ does not have a restuarant (food court yes - restuarant no) - but POR does. POFQ and POR are sister resorts and share facilities.

Moderates...CSR is wonderful, great hottub. Dixie is wonderful on the plantation side its so cozy...the food court is awesome at both locations. I don't care for CB however. Have a wonderful time, also check the DVC renting board, you can get GREAT deals there from your fellow DISer's. :)

Carribbean Beach Resort is my favorite moderate, but in February I think that you should stay at Port Orleans Riverside. Part of the fun of the CBR would be lost in the potential chilly weather in February. The flowers at Riverside will be beautiful in February, and the resort is wonderful! The mansion side has some beautiful views of the river!

Decisions, decisions...

I stayed at PO-FQ, CBR, & CSR

*PO-FQ is smaller and more 'intimate'. It's easier to move around.

*The CBR theming is (IMHO) better, but it all depends on tastes...

*I agree that in Feb. weather, PO-FQ will be much more enjoyable.

*CSR has a great pool, but besides that it's very crowded because of conventions, plus they'll charge you 10% tip at their 'Food Court'.

*Haven't stayed but visited PO-R and it looks very nice. I liked the food court there better.

The 'Best of the Moderates' (for me):

-Best atmosphere & theming: CBR & PO-FQ

-Best pool: CSR

-Best food court: PO-R

-Best sit-down restaurant: CSR

-Best access to facilities: PO-FQ (everything is close)

Anyway, I think you'll have a great time at any of them.
(What a wonderful situation to be in: which Resort to stay in!)
:)!

I've only been to one moderate - CBR, but I thought it was great and would go back. The rooms are recently renovated, comfy beds, and nice bright colors. They also are slightly larger in size than the other mods and have a nice privacy curtain by the vanity, and extra storage. I also like the theming at the resort and the landscaping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter