Which restaurant would you choose for an intimate relaxing dinner?

Which restaurant would you chose for intimate dinner with about to be married couple?

• Cinderell's Castle

• Ohana's

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disneysnel

Mouseketeer
Hi,
We (Dh and myself) are going to WDW 9 days before my DD and her FH. My DD and her FH are getting married at the BW. The day they arrive (2 days before the wedding) it will be just the four of us and we are planning a nice relaxing day before the rest of her guests arrive.

My DD and I will have tea at the GF then spa treatments while the guys are at Disney Quest. Afterwards, we will be meeting them for dinner.

My DD has not been to WDW since she was little ( her FH has never been) and she wants to discover the whole place with her new husband as they are spending their honeymoon there after they are married. It doesn't matter with us as we will have already done everything we wanted to do and besides we have been there 4 times in the last 10 years.

So, would you choose Ohana's or Cinderella's castle for dinner (they will not be eating at either of these places again on their trip) and please keep in mind that DD is a VERY picky eater.

I really want this dinner to be a memorable evening for the 2 of them and if anyone has any other suggestions other than these 2 restaurants please let me know.

Thanks so much for your advice in advance.

I haven't dined at Cindy's Castle in many many years, so I can't remember much about the atmosphere, but I can attest that 'Ohanas is far from relaxing and intimate =) It's quite family friendly, with children running around chasing coconuts, a spirited woman singing on a mike and strumming a yukalali (have NO idea how to spell that!), music going, etc. Lots of activity going on the entire time, and a big open restaurant.

We LOVE LOVE LOVE 'Ohanas, but I don't go for intimate or romantic or relaxing, but family fun and all you can eat before you puke dining.

Are there any other choices? Besides those 2? Or are they dining at most of the nice restaurants on their HM?

the most relaxing meal I have ever had was at Victoria and Albert's it was so peaceful there.

We enjoyed the Bistro in the France Pavillion--pricey--but relaxing. It is tucked away upstairs above Chefs de Paris (the downstairs restaurant). I assume since Cindy's is a choice that you have park tickets.

Another option since you are around for a special event--if you can afford the price tag....

Victoria and Albert's--now that is relaxing (as long as you don't mind dressing up for dinner). Price fixe menu--so you get to enjoy all courses--without worrying if you should avoid this item b/c it costs too much.

Narcoosee's if you are adventuresome with your pallette (we aren't--didn't enjoy the food--but I was pregnant and had morning sickness, so I am not a good measurement of how it truly is). You can see the fireworks.

I think the more you spend on your meal for a sit down--or the more remote the location--the more relaxing it will be. The less expensive or all you can eat, more child friendly places will be busy with kids and such. Just my theory.

So I chose other.

I also voted for "other" for a quiet, intimate dinner.

I would suggest maybe Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge, or maybe Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Both have excellent food, great service, and is rather quiet.

Good luck and congratulations to the happy couple!!!

I went with other also. Neither Cindy's or Ohana are intimate or relaxing. I would go to Yachtsman Steakhouse, very good food and even when it's busy I never felt like it's noisy.

I voted "other"....I'd choose Artist Point. My dh and I love it there and find it very intimate and relaxing. Food is excellent and service has always been wonderful. We like the feel of the WL too.

Thank you all SO much for these great suggestions! I am heading over to allearsnet.com now to see some of these menus as I have to keep DD's picky eating in mind.

All four of us will have APs and if you choose"other" please let me know what you would recommend as I am sure she is open to anything (as long as she likes the food - I thought they out grew this?!?-lol)

Please keep them coming, you guys are the greatest!!:wave:

She might think V&A's is weird...I couldn't eat the main course meat...but they do have a vegetarian menu. Hubby is a picky eater (the no veggies kind of picky) and he enjoyed it. He ate his veggies too :)

Perhaps if you post what you mean by picky--we could help you out better.

She probably won't like Narcoosee's--their menu changes daily (at least when we went 4 years ago it was like this). Food comes in fresh daily and the menus are created based on what they recieve in and how their creativity drives them.

Lisa

I should have told you - she basically only likes cheeseburgers and chicken! SO even at Ohana's I would have to ask for special food, I think.
NO seafood whatsoever and no steak.

Thanks again!

I was one of those that said 'other.'

I loved Bistro (hubbie didn't like it as well). There is chicken, steak, etc. Very relaxing (DD loved it too). Exceptional food and a great view of the fireworks from the windows.

Yachtsmen wasn't that great for me (hubbie liked it better). DD and I had prime rib and it was TERRIBLE! We are giving it a try again next trip tho (so we can go back to Bistro. Hey, it's fair!!!)

Haven't gone to V&A yet. It's dressy and we don't want to take DD, but will when she goes with her school...

Went to Flying Fish. It was great the first time, and not so good the second. The Blue Zoo is very 'arty.' It was beautiful inside but DD had nothing to eat that she liked. (To be fair, it had just opened...) Something good for adults, not with a kid. I don't know that I want to try it again, but... Both of these were expensive. Didn't like Artists at the Wilderness. Seemed also expensive for what we had.

Le Cellier was great the first time, and disappointing the second. So who knows...

Anyway, those are our thoughts. If she's a basic eater, well, I just don't know!!!!

d

How about California Grill? They have chicken on the menu and I'm sure they would prepare it to your daughter's liking. You can time it so that you're there for the fireworks. That would be memorable.

Well, I voted other too and was going to recommend V&A Citricos, Narcoossee's, Bistro, Jiko etc.....but then read cheeseburgers and chicken.:D

How about Grand Floridian Cafe? Although it isn't really intimate, it is very pretty and quiet.

If you were thinking of Poly for dinner, why not Kona Cafe. You can order some of the more traditional foods as well as fun stuff too. Check out menus at allearsnet.com

Hmmmm, I had several suggestions till I read the' cheeseburger's and chicken'. I would have suggested V & A's, Jiko's, or California Grill. I would still suggest Palio's (at the Swan), Italian food, adult atmosphere (but kid friendly), quieter than most WDW restaurants.

Originally posted by Disneysnel
So, would you choose Ohana's or Cinderella's castle for dinner (they will not be eating at either of these places again on their trip) and please keep in mind that DD is a VERY picky eater.

Given that your DD is very picky (*sigh*, My 5 year old is picky and I hope she outgrows it be the time she's married!) I think Cinderella's Royal Table would be a perfect choice! If she were a more adventuresome eater I would echo some of the other suggestions.

BTW, SamSam's suggestion of Palio is also very good. It's not too "challenging".

LOL - I am cracking up reading this as I am the picky DD of Disneysnel (the OP) :p

Thank you all for the great suggestions! I apologize for forcing my poor DM to have to go through so much trouble just for little old me. But I think I'm worth it....hehehe ;) Really though, I think I would be okay with California Grill, as one or two posters suggested. We didn't plan on doing that during our HM and it's in the area of the Grand Floridian (where the boys will meet us after our spa treatments). So I think that would be a good idea, especially if we could catch Wishes while there.

So, of those of you that have been to the California Grill, what do you think of it?

Thanks again for tolerating this 26 year old and still VERY picky eater :earsgirl:

I was going to ask her if she would like to try CG - when I saw her post (she caught me- lol!)

I am excited to try it and the location can't be beat especially for their first night there.

Thank you so so much everyone, you have all been so nice to help me.

RobinB: I hoped she would out grow it too but it looks like it's not gonna happen! :rolleyes: Silly girls! Gotta love 'em :teeth:

Originally posted by Disneysnel
RobinB: I hoped she would out grow it too but it looks like it's not gonna happen! :rolleyes: Silly girls! Gotta love 'em :teeth:

Oh yeah. Gotta love 'em! My DD eats PB&J just about every day. If she ate chicken and hamburger like your DD, I'd be thrilled! I was also pretty picky until I was about 20 and then I started dating men who were adventuresome eaters. It's hard to eat picky at a Korean restaurant! I've become an omnivore in the last 20+ years and I eat most things ... except beets.

Your DD should be able to find a chicken dish at just about any restaurant in WDW. The California Grill has great food and I'm sure they do chicken quite well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter