Which rooms are "Close to the Hospitality House" at OKW?

dryomama

That's "Dr." Disneynut, if you please!
Last December we scored a reservation at OKW in a room that they said was "close the the Hospitality House". It was in building 23.

Does anyone else know what rooms are "close the the Hospitality House"??

Thanks!:thumbsup2

That designation is usually bldgs 11 to 14 and 23 to 26. If they have maintenance issues for those buildings, then 15, 16 and 62 to 64 are used as overflow.

Maybe this map will help. We stayed in building 62 during our May, 2010 trip. (TR link below)

OldKeyWestMap.jpg

"Close to the hospitality house" is a special booking catagory at OKW now, like Boardwalk View, etc. I believe they put buildings 11-14 and building 62 in that group, but I can tell you buildings 63 and 64 are super duper close, too. If you request "close to the hospitality house" they'll change your actual booking; in other words, it's more than just a simple request.

Um, did that make sense? :confused3

That's a great map! Sorry to hijack this thread but I was looking at the area too, and I had asked to be in "close to HH" but I really didn't care where they put us. The whole resort looks so pretty. I even told the CM at MS I was gonna wing it with the requests and let them decide my fate :lmao:! My question is this in regards to the map - and I usually do better homework - can someone point out the bus route? What stop is first? I realize this is probably somewhere else, but this map is great and you guys are good with info :goodvibes!

i was just going to post this same question on the other board - and saw it here first

it is just the info i was looking for.

Thanks to all - :cool1::cool1:

but, why would 23 - 26 be "close to HH" - i know they aren't far, but i wouldn't classify them as "close to HH". But that is just me :rotfl2:

Bus route

First stop-Peninsular Road

Second--South Point

Third- Old Turtle Pond

Fourth--Millers Road

Fifth--Hospitality House

Every bus stops at Hospitality House on way out. You may catch any bus to get to the Hospitality House for pool, etc.

Thanks for the info! I like being on the first or second stop because we have a large party, but we usually end up giving up our seats for elderly or people with babies anyway so I guess I don't mind a crowded bus so much :rotfl:! I mainly like knowing our group can get off the bus at HH no matter where we are staying so I'm not really concerned. The resort just looks so lovely, and I love SSR, so the large size doesn't bother me. I think OKW is going to be a huge hit with my family!

I would request bldgs 11 to 14. We were in 23 once, in a room by the road and we could hear a lot of bus noise. 11 to 14 have great golf course views and are very secluded but still really close to the pool.

Thanks all!

The CM at MS asked if we wanted a room that was close to the HH, so I assumed it was a special designation. I know building 23 is part of it, because we've had that before and they called it "close".

Thanks for the Bus Route map!! :thumbsup2

We always like staying near the Hospitality House. Our favorites buildings to stay are 15, 16, 62, 63 and 64. They are all very conveinent to Turtle Krawl.

Thanks all!

The CM at MS asked if we wanted a room that was close to the HH, so I assumed it was a special designation. I know building 23 is part of it, because we've had that before and they called it "close".

Thanks for the Bus Route map!! :thumbsup2

If you got the designation of HH location it will say it on your reservation confirmation. I had it in January.

Your reservation should look like this:

4) Arrival Date 08.13.2011 Departure Date 08.14.2011
Resort / Experience Disney's Old Key West Resort
Accommodation DLX Studio near HospHouse

If your reservation doesn't say "near HospHouse" then you are not booked in that area and your request is only a request, so could actually be anywhere. We had the "near HospHouse" in January and were in buidling 12. We booked that catagory again for August 13th for one night before moving to BLT for the rest of the week.

We stayed in a 2bdrm in building 23 in Jan. for our first stay, we thought it was great, didn't really notice the bus noise. It was close but not too close and it was the first bus stop on the way home, we usually caught the bus in front of the HH on the way to the parks.

We just got back last month...we were in bldg 22, miller road stop, busy time...11 of us in a GV, NEVER had to stand...even right after the fireworks at MK...was a great experience...

We stayed in a 2bdrm in building 23 in Jan. for our first stay, we thought it was great, didn't really notice the bus noise. It was close but not too close and it was the first bus stop on the way home, we usually caught the bus in front of the HH on the way to the parks.

We were in Bldg 23 last August and the bus stop (Penninsular Rd {sp?}) was right outside our door which was great. We didn't notice any traffic noise either - and our 1BR was the closest to the street. Loved this location :love:. Less than a 5 minute walk to the pool/counter service which is right across the street. The balcony had a nice view of the fountain.

Maybe this map will help. We stayed in building 62 during our May, 2010 trip. (TR link below)

OldKeyWestMap.jpg

We stayed at OKW in building 62 last year over labor day - and we had a great time!
The only downfall is that HH is the LAST bus stop on the way out of the resort. However it is a positive that you don't have to ride the bus all the way through the resort on your way to the park - but it was SOOO hard to stay awake on the bus all the way through the resort, even though you PASS the HH intersection on the way into the resort - HH is the last stop on the way out - so you go all the way through the resort after a long day in the parks!

But we are staying there on our holiday trip this year and requested to be near Hospitality House again - I'm hoping for the same exact room! HAHA We LOVED that rooms - especially watching the river otters run, frolic, and play on the riverbanks!
That was such an great memory from that trip! :cloud9:

AHHH - I love DVC! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter