Which rooms are "Close to the Hospitality House" at OKW?

We stayed at OKW in building 62 last year over labor day - and we had a great time!
The only downfall is that HH is the LAST bus stop on the way out of the resort. However it is a positive that you don't have to ride the bus all the way through the resort on your way to the park - but it was SOOO hard to stay awake on the bus all the way through the resort, even though you PASS the HH intersection on the way into the resort - HH is the last stop on the way out - so you go all the way through the resort after a long day in the parks!

But we are staying there on our holiday trip this year and requested to be near Hospitality House again - I'm hoping for the same exact room! HAHA We LOVED that rooms - especially watching the river otters run, frolic, and play on the riverbanks!
That was such an great memory from that trip! :cloud9:

AHHH - I love DVC! :hug:

Why did you not just get off the bus on the FIRST bus stop and walk back to 62? It's almost as close to do that as to walk from the HH bus stop. FYI, 62 is NOT in the HH booking category.

HAHA

Are you sure we're talking about the same building 62???

At least on the map of OKW, building 62 is the closest building to Hospitality house!

As for the bus stop, the closest bus stop to building 62 is HH - the next closest bus stop is building 26.

Unless the resort map is grossly out of scale, I don't see why the bus stop at building 26 could in any way shape or form be a closer bus stop than just catching the bus at HH.

If I were returning to the resort in the middle of the day, I might consider using the building 26 bus stop and just walk the distance and back across the bridge to building 62.

However, when we went to OKW last year for labor day weekend - we asked to be near Hospitality House, and we were place in building 62 - which is DIRECTLY across the street from Hospitality House.

I am 99.9% positive that building 62 is in the HH category - we really like building 62 since it is one of only a few with an elevator! That comes in handy when you are coming and going with luggage!

Thank goodness all of the buildings at SSR have elevators, since they are several stories taller than the buildings at OKW.

HAHA

At least on the map of OKW, building 62 is the closest building to Hospitality house!

As for the bus stop, the closest bus stop to building 62 is HH - the next closest bus stop is building 26.

Unless the resort map is grossly out of scale, I don't see why the bus stop at building 26 could in any way shape or form be a closer bus stop than just catching the bus at HH.

If I were returning to the resort in the middle of the day, I might consider using the building 26 bus stop and just walk the distance and back across the bridge to building 62.

However, when we went to OKW last year for labor day weekend - we asked to be near Hospitality House, and we were place in building 62 - which is DIRECTLY across the street from Hospitality House.

I am 99.9% positive that building 62 is in the HH category - we really like building 62 since it is one of only a few with an elevator! That comes in handy when you are coming and going with luggage!

Thank goodness all of the buildings at SSR have elevators, since they are several stories taller than the buildings at OKW.

Nope building 62 is not part of the catagory classified as Hosp. House. However, it's one of those buildings that is the closest to the HH section. I agree, we too have been in building 62. We were put there during our first stay and it was a great location. Close to everything and so very quiet. When I booked I was suffering from back problems but was still mobile. I guess it must've been noted on my reservation and they put us in an HA building. We were very happy. We have since booked the HH catagory booking area and during January we were in building 12 which was so great, though the parking lot gets full over there. So lets keep building 62 a secret.

HAHA

Believe it or not, we find anytime we stay in any of the buildings from 15 & 16- through the 60's buildings and even all the buildings in the HH category that are right across the street from HH (11-14), we always get off at bus stop #1 (Peninsular Road) when return (yes at night too). It's a quick walk, to all those buildings, and we are probably ready for bed by the time the bus gets back to the HH stop. Believe me, we are NOT the only people who do that either. I would say far more people get off at Peninsular Road at night than any other bus stop.

Our favorite building is 62, although I imagine 63 would be the same - we've just never been in it.

It is right across the road from the HH area, it is fairly close to a quiet pool, you have parking in front of your building (unlike 64), and it has the 2 doors into the main bathroom. We stayed in building 14 once and it was frustrating (after being used to 62) that when I was doing laundry I would have to go out and around to get the stuff out of the bathroom, when in the newer ones there is a door from the "laundry room" into the bathroom. Also when we have people in the living room who need to use "our" bathroom they could go through the laundry room and not have to cut through our bedroom.

HAHA

I just stayed at OKW. Building 23 is great. Building 62 is only short walk from either HH or Pennisular path, and I assume great too.

We would walk past building 62 on the way to the pool and HH. The map is slightly incorrect. The HH bus stop is actually slightly two the right when viewing the map. Btwn the two bus stops, from building 62, we are talking seconds of a difference.

From building 23, we would get off at Pennisular Path(1st stop) but on the bus at HH (last stop). Very short walk, regardless. We just don't like doing the loop around the resort if we can avoid it.

Also, oddly enough, building 62 is not in HH. I am thinking it is because they kept the HA buildings separate???

I just stayed at OKW. Building 23 is great. Building 62 is only short walk from either HH or Pennisular path, and I assume great too.

We would walk past building 62 on the way to the pool and HH. The map is slightly incorrect. The HH bus stop is actually slightly two the right when viewing the map. Btwn the two bus stops, from building 62, we are talking seconds of a difference.

From building 23, we would get off at Pennisular Path(1st stop) but on the bus at HH (last stop). Very short walk, regardless. We just don't like doing the loop around the resort if we can avoid it.

Also, oddly enough, building 62 is not in HH. I am thinking it is because they kept the HA buildings separate???

Bldgs 62, 63 & 64 are the only OKW buildings with elevators. They are often held for those people that have mobility issues or health problems that prevent them from climbing stairs. Many people can not climb stairs but do not need a fully HA accessible unit. These buildings help with this and prevent these people from being relegated to the first floor only.

If you need help getting luggage to/from an upper floor, bell services will be happy to help you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter