Which savanna view for Jambo dvc

dreams91

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=teal>Loves to veg o
Renting points. Wondering which would be the best. Not as concerned with the walk, but definitely want the savannah with zebras and giraffes. Which should I request? And I'm thinking Jambo for the bathroom set up, but I'm not sold on it if kidani is better viewing.

Thanks for the info!

Avoid Kidani.

All Jambo savannahs have giraffes. Kidani has the Pembe Savannah with no giraffes or zebras. I just went in January and I called 10 days in advance to request Sunset Savannah but when we got there we were placed on Pembe. When I complained they said "not all requests can be honored". Pembe sucks, we saw a couple of deer. Yippee.

We're never going to Kidani again. It's not worth the risk.

In September, I had an Arusha view. I definitely saw giraffes, but no zebras -- but I was able to see zebras in other areas.

We stayed at Kidani in October facing Sunset Savanna and saw multiple giraffes. The lower floors are better because you will be closer to the animals and less view of trees.

I have only stayed Arusha and was very pleased with the amount of animals :thumbsup2

All three Jambo savannas have giraffes and zebras. Our preference and usual request at Jambo is Arusha savanna along Zebra Trail (right side of the U-shaped building) and definitely do not ask for close to lobby (rooms near lobby do not have the best views at Jambo). Once you are beyond any rooms close to lobby on Zebra Trail your view of Arushs will be mostly looking west, thus avoiding bright sun in the room in the morning and seeing pleasant sunsets in the evening.

My son is a "Jambo House" savannah expert...lol the cms always tell him he knows as much about the animals as they do. He says Uzima does not have giraffes. Last time we stayed on Sunset we saw lots of zebras and a few giraffes.
He studies the animal check lists and writes down the locations of all the animals according the savannah on which he saw them. He checked for me and has not seen a giraffe or zebra on Uzima.

My son is a "Jambo House" savannah expert...lol the cms always tell him he knows as much about the animals as they do. He says Uzima does not have giraffes. Last time we stayed on Sunset we saw lots of zebras and a few giraffes.
He studies the animal check lists and writes down the locations of all the animals according the savannah on which he saw them. He checked for me and has not seen a giraffe or zebra on Uzima.

We didn't see the giraffe on Uzima either with the exception of when they were getting them over near the pool area for night vision goggle viewing.

Avoid Kidani.

I'm afraid my Kidani experience was the same. When staying at Jambo, I've seen multiple giraffes from my balcony, and I've watched the zebras galloping around chasing each other (the playing was so cute to watch). This was the Sunset savannah, which is shared by both Jambo and Kidani. Yet, when I was at Kidani, facing the same Sunset savannah, I never saw any giraffes in the week I stayed there. And I was even on the lobby floor, so I couldn't wait to hear them clip-clopping around. I was so disappointed! My experience is that the giraffes prefer to hang out by Jambo.

Avoid Kidani.

All Jambo savannahs have giraffes.

When we stayed at Jambo last May I asked a CM about giraffe on Uzima and was told that they had been moved off so unless that has changed there is one savannah at Jambo that does not have them. They did have some interesting new animals there though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter