Which time for the show?

Erica1016

Mouseketeer
I've mostly been on DCL, where show times are specifically spread opposite dinner and dinner tends to run fairly long, so I'm not sure...
Our dinner time is listed as traditional dining at 7:45. I can now see activities in the app and it's showing the evening theater show at 7:00 and 9:15. Do we go at 7:00 and be a bit late for dinner or will we be done with dinner in time for the later show?

You should be able to make it to the show after dinner. They really do not like people being late they take the orders for everyone at the table at the same time. With the new menu there is a different theme every night where they offer x amount of choices for each section and you give your app, entree, and dessert choice to the waiter so it tends to be quicker than in the past.

The dinner and show situation is quite a bit different so factor that in and decide if you want to adjust if seeing the show is particularly important.

The class of ship you are sailing will impact if you can make reservations for a show or not. The reports are that only the Oasis and Quantum classes are taking show reservations. Other classes of ships will be a line up for seats before the show. The Suites and highest C&A levels will not need reservations as they typically have a small area reserved.

The dining situation is much more fluid than a traditional seating similar to DCL. They have My Time Dining and, particularly on Oasis class, specialty options that will not be sitting at the typical early/late dining. Recent reports are still putting the MDR at about 90 minutes for service. You can always speak with you server if there is a specific event you are trying to get to one evening. They usually will try to accommodate as best as they can. You could always opt for a different venue, the buffet or one of the specialty options, if there is something you want to do.

Hope that helps with some planning.

If you get the option to switch to My Time Dining.. I would recommend it , then you can see the shows either before or after dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter