• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which tours are worth it?

OKWMEMBER

Growin' Older but Not Up! Legend in his own mind.
I've been to WDW many times (DVC member) but this will be the first time to Disneyland. We'll have two days. Is it a good idea to take one of the tours? Do any of them include Walt's apartment on Main Street? Please help!!! :confused:

OKWMEMBER said:
I've been to WDW many times (DVC member) but this will be the first time to Disneyland. We'll have two days. Is it a good idea to take one of the tours? Do any of them include Walt's apartment on Main Street? Please help!!! :confused:

You can not get into Walt's apartment on any tour. The only one I have done is "Walk In Walt's Footsteps". It's about Walt and his ideas, etc about DL. We really enjoyed it. If you only have 2 day, you may not want to spend time on a tour. DL/CA is much smaller then WDW.

Thanks for the feedback! That's what I've heard. We have the latest Birnbaum Book to help us plan.

We enjoyed the "From Imagination to Celebration" tour which is only offered during the 50th anniversary. The best part was priority seating for the fireworks above the train station after the tour, complete with a snack and drink (you have to book the last tour of the day for the fireworks seating - if you book an earlier tour you get priority seating for the parade). You also get a replica ticket booth and a pin of the lantern which is always on in the window of Walt's apartment. We thought it was well worth the $55 and learned some new things.

*Susan* said:
We enjoyed the "From Imagination to Celebration" tour which is only offered during the 50th anniversary. The best part was priority seating for the fireworks above the train station after the tour, complete with a snack and drink (you have to book the last tour of the day for the fireworks seating - if you book an earlier tour you get priority seating for the parade). .

I'm not sure where "above the train station" refers to. Could you see tinkerbell flying from that location?

Wooden chairs and benches are set up for priority fireworks seating on the platform in front of the train station that faces Main Street.

We were able to see Tink. I enjoyed the special seat after a great tour and an exhausting day in the park.

Wish I could be sitting there now enjoying the show.

Brenda

DH & I spend 2 1/2 days in DL & CA in July and it was not nearly enough time to do all I wanted to do. I offer the usual advice that you probably already know as a WDW veteran. Get to the park early each day. I'm not sure how crowded the parks will be when you are there but we got the most done before noon. Have a gameplan of what you want to do and where it it located. We wasted alot of time wandering around. Be flexible with the plan and take time to enjoy the little touches. YOU MUST DO FASTPASS! Birnbaum is great but as you know these boards are a wealth of information. The tours are fun and offer fun facts and information but since your time is limited it may be better spent on your own. Some tours also offer the opportunity to go to the front of the line to enjoy certain rides the tour guide chooses for the group. This may be helpful for you.

To tour or not to tour, that is the question. Either way you will have a great time.

Brenda

dare2dream said:
Wooden chairs and benches are set up for priority fireworks seating on the platform in front of the train station that faces Main Street. We were able to see Tink. I enjoyed the special seat after a great tour and an exhausting day in the park. Brenda

Thank you Brenda. I'm going to sign us up for this tour for our trip in May.

It was a bit tough deciding between this tour and "A Walk in Walts Footsteps" which looks wonderful. But it'll be just myself and my 9 and 10 year old daughters on this trip so they may enjoy this one more. Also since this is a special 50th tour, we should grab it now.

We have a new grand-daughter in the house, and my wife has decided to stay home this year to help out our oldest daughter with the baby.

I'll just have to schedule another trip to DL in 2006 when she can go and we'll do the Walk in Walts Footsteps tour then.

-Shawn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter