which water park in southern cali???

bambii

<font color=#000080>aka Jadedee<br><font color=dee
raging water san dimas

or

knotts berry farm

:confused3:confused3:confused3

I have not been to either park, but one issue I can think of with the Knotts park - It is right across the street from the amusement park. Would you kids bug you to also go to the amusement park? Might be better to just avoid the temptation and go to Raging Waters, unless you were already planning another day at Knotts.

I've been to the Soak City down near San Diego but haven't been to the one right next to Knott's. It was fun. This was several years ago so I don't know what it's like now. We actually chose one of the other Soak City locations instead of the one right next to Knott's with the hope that it would be less crowded. We got there when the park first opened and were able to ride everything with minimal waits for the first several hours.

However, I believe that Raging Waters is bigger and is considered to be better than the other water parks in southern california but I haven't been there so I don't have any first hand experience with this. Good luck deciding and have fun!

How old are your kids? There is a community waterpark in La Mirada that is fairly new and plenty big for younger kids. There is a lazy river, a pirate ship with sprays and slides, a giant bucket that dumps water, and at least 2 big slides. It's cheaper than the others, I think adults are $11. It's called Buccaneers Bay at Splash! in La Mirada.

Just went to Raging Waters this past Sunday. It was a blast. I took DD4 and she has yet to stop talking about it.

Make sure that you get there before the park opens (approx. 30 minutes prior) so that you can claim your chairs. We go a good spot on the sand by the kids play area. By 1:00, every inch of space was taken. You'll also want to get there early so that you can hit the rides with the least amount of wait time.

Oh, I'd definitely say Raging Waters. Knotts is in the middle of the city, and Raging Waters is in the foothills and really big.

I've been to SC in Palm Springs and Buena Park. I was disappointed in both (absolutely no camparsion to ones at WDW). I have heard good things about Raging Waters and the next time we do one we will try RW.

The food at SC was truly awful! And the themeing at the one in Palm Springs was basically concrete! The lazy river (at both SC) is a joke! And you must use a tube-no floating or swimming allowed. Grab a tube early, if you don't get one you'll have to pay for one.

Raging Waters-I hear it's a blast! :goodvibes

What about Hurricane Harbor at Magic Mountain?

Theres also a Knotts Soak City in Palm Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter