While staying at a disney resort can we go to another resort and park our car to have a quick service dinner

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hello: We usually stay at Port Orleans Riverside, the prices for disney resorts have skyrocketed since our last trip. We are staying at the Movies resort, looking forward to it. Can we still go over to the Riverside resort a couple of times and have dinner there in the cafeteria part not the fancy restaurant and shop in the gift shop? Has anyone driven to a different disney resort for a quick service meal at dinner time lately?

Agreed. At some resorts we’ve been asked if we have a reservation, but I don’t think PORS would be a problem. We like to go over there as well, then ride the boat to DS. If we don’t have a car, we go to DHS and catch the bus from there.

The security hosts/hostesses are definitely more lenient when it's not a resort with park transportation such as monorail or skyliner. Or walking distance to a park (Crescent Lake resorts). I have been allowed to park at POFQ with no issues.

It can be an issue at other resorts, but we’ve never been turned away from Riverside/POFQ.
Although we weren't turned away, a few cars in front of us were last year. The security guard must have felt like she was guarding Fort Knox-she interrogated everyone, and most she ended up turning away. Then she finally looked up and saw the ever-growing line of cars, and suddenly she just started waving people through. Fortunately we were in the group that was waved through. We went to POFQ another evening and just said "We're here for the beignets" and he laughed and let us in.

I don't think we've ever been turned away from a resort lot. It may have helped that we mention a specific restaurant or shop?

Yes, we do it all the time.

We have breakfast at Captain Cooks at The Poly
Lunch at The Contemporary (can't think of the name)
Beignets at PoFQ
and others

The only time their may be an issue is at dinner time, because parking is limited and they want to make sure there's enough spaces for the dinner crowd. We've never had an issue with the morning or afternoon. I usually mobile order my food, show the guard that it's ready and they let us in :thumbsup2

Have fun at All Star Movies - we stayed there last trip and loved it.

I don't think we've ever been turned away from a resort lot. It may have helped that we mention a specific restaurant or shop?
We don't have a car so we haven't been turned away, but friends of ours who are local have come to pick us up a few times when we had reservations at our resort for all of us but I hadn't linked them. They had troubles being let in (Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge) but fortunately they were able to give our names and the restaurant and I guess they looked it up. Or were convinced it was real.

Other friends of ours were recently turned away from GF when they wanted to go walk around, shop and go to Gasparilla or Enchanted Rose so they ended up booking an ADR at Kona and went to Poly instead. Otherwise, he would have had to go to TTC, pay to park and then take the monorail. He figured it was a better deal to go to a TS restaurant and spend the money there than to spend it on parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter