Whispering Canyon--Good BBQ??

swilphil

Feels trapped in a Brady Bunch episode at the Poly
We are going to be at WC in 8 days:bounce: It's the first dinner of our trip. I've already decided to get the pork chop, but I wonder what the quality of the barbeque is in the skillet.

I must clarify that we are from Kansas City and eat LOTS of barbeque, so we may be more picky than the average WDW diner. My husband will eat just about anything, but my brother-in-law is a BBQ snob. He used to own a bbq restaurant. Will the WC skillet have good, tender meat and a flavorful sauce??

We haven't been in a while..but we were not impressed and never returned to WWC for anything but breakfast..breakfast is great.

We love BBQ also, Carolina, Texas and midwest...all different..all delicious..but it has to be good.

I tend to be something of a WCC apologist, and a bbq fancier myself. The pulled pork is as good as anyones. But the ribs are dry smoked and VERY chewy. The flavor's fine, but your jaws will ache before you're done. You'll feel like a dog with a hambone.

I'm afraid it would be a hit or miss affair for y'all. You might fare better ordering from the menu. WCC is one of the great Disney polarizers - you'll love it or hate it, but I seldom hear of any fence-sitters.

Breakfast IS great, btw.

I'll be doing a review on the WCC's dinner on Sunday, if you're curious. We tend to be bbq snobs as well, but we really enjoyed it in the past. The ribs will tend to be hit or miss - we had one set of great ones, and then one set of mediocre ones. I'll try to get the review posted here before you leave, if you're curious.

Thanks for the info. I might steer brother-in-law away from the skillet and ribs. We like the tender, fall off the bone ribs. Dry and chewy won't cut it. I checked out the menu and between the pork chops and the steak offerings I think they'll be plenty to choose from. We will have 5 kids with us between ages 2 and 12 and are mainly going for the atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter